Before using the forum, please read the site rules! They're super important, so don't forget to read them!
Fancy a gaming weekend with friends? Then why not join the discussion and nominate a game for everyone to play! It'll be a ton of fun!
For all the latest Nintendo news from around the globe, check out WiiWareWave!
Welcome one and all to Nintygaming Forums! The only website with 100% pure Nintendo love and discussion!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gaming - PC and Console unite! » General » General Discussion » How has Wii/Nintendo effected your life?

How has Wii/Nintendo effected your life?

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

danschemen

Level 2
Well, I got the Wii the Christmas it came out. I played it and I became pro on tennis in wii sports, so I decided to try tennis in real life. I loved it and kept playing tennis. Now a couple years later I'm in my junior year of high school and I'm on the VARSITY team and one of the best double's players!! What I laugh about all the time is that if I had never owned a Wii I would of never of even tried tennis.

My friend codes:
MW3: 0166-7632-6994
Mario Kart Wii: 4039-4192-6544
Monster Hunter Tri: PPJHCF
If you add me send me a message with your FC
https://www.youtube.com/user/danschemen

RoryLee

Level 5
I found out that I'm really good at driving Go-Karts.

"Pro-Wrestling is real....People are fake!"
Mr. Anderson

"A goal is not always meant to be reached, it often serves simply as something to aim at."
Bruce Lee

"My wife and I were happy for 20 years. Then we met."
Rodney Dangerfield

[G4l]TillDeath

Level 2
nice story, i was ganna get a ps3 but at the last moment i droped 450 on a new guitar (les paul} at a pawn shop on the way to gamestop and settled for the wii and well... met all ya all

I'm a try hard and I know it!

Demonic

Level 5
Got the Wii in 2006 and it hasn't changed much in my life, however I am a little more active rather than constantly sitting on my butt.

However it has changed my view on Baseball though... wow, Baseball is really rather boring... :/

I hate how lazy I am, but I'm too lazy to do anything about it.

If you must argue, remember that it is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument.
http://forever-gaming.forumotions.net

Soundwav

Level 3
Spend alot of money on a unfinished product

I might be a Cyborg, but you must forgive me because I am still Human.

X-145

Level 3
It got me to where I am. I (Used to) take a lot of crap at school because I had a Wii instead of an HD system, but the biggest thing is getting me to this clan! I have a lot more friends han I ever did and, hell, I talked to a European for the first time in my life! Wii certainly has changed my life in a very positive way. So now I can say YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME!!!

X-145 Fights with loyalty to [G4L] and himself!

"A man doesn't hate another man, but the ideas that the opposing man supports."
-Me
"The intelligence of your own must make up for the stupidity of others."
-Me
"I know not what WWIII will be fought with, but WWIV will be fought with sticks and stones."
-Einstein
"God Forbid I should live an Emperor without an Empire."
-Constantine XI
"Just because you had a bad day doesn't mean you should take your stick out of your ass and hit me with it!"
-One of my co-workers

SlyBlazeHD

Level 2
If it wasnt for GE and the Wii, I never wouldve met Gameday and you guys...

Jack

Level 2
My brother got the Wii when it came out. We didn't really get that many well known games or anything until recently. GE was my first major online experience, which brought me to find NL while looking for ways to help me improve at my Wii games :3 I would've never spent countless hours into the night chatting with you guys, and me and Demon staying up playing MK7. Talking to Americans and a Dutch guy was pretty awesome to be honest. Instead of it being just people I played a game with, you guys became friends who I could casually chat to, just like I would with one of my friends. The past years been great, and definitely changed me as a person.

Jackykins...

http://us3.chatzy.com/m/676123268096

[G4l]TillDeath

Level 2
aww... and that duch dude is freakin awesome!
wii gets alot of crap but it is a whole different community than x-box and ps3, we are like a family. on the other systems all they do is cuss at each other and rage. you guys are good people of all ages and all ethnicities. we arent just a bunch of dudes, we are like family.
ps: if i get rich we are getting a team photo together even if RoryLee is like 50

I'm a try hard and I know it!

3DS

Level 1
Got the Wii on the 27th of April 2007 after saving up the £170 from Xmas and my Birthday then soon after took a liking to The Conduit(that is what got me into FPS games)and then pre-ordered GoldenEye at the last minute(4th of November 2010) Then about 5 months later joined this clan :P

Ninja

Level 2
Well... I got my Wii the first Christmas it came out. My brother and I had to share it (Which still happens today, and still sucks.) I got REALLY good at all of the sports on Wii Sports. I got shitted on (Shat on...? :3) at school for having a Wii and not an XBox or a PS3 (I've got an XBox now :P). I played tons of games, most of which had something to do with fighting. BUT, on that one awesome Christmas 2 years ago... I GOT GE! It felt like the best day of my life, my first FPS for Wii, I played that game so much I have eaisly 250 hours+ gameplay total for all modes. I actually never considered joining a clan at first. But then I met 3DS on a social network called Groupie (This isn't important, but Groupie has nothing to do with groupies and it's a pretty good network. ) we had just exchanged FCs for GE and were going to play online together. But, 3DS said he was gonna do a few games with a few clan members. I said, "You're in a clan?". Then he recommended me to you guys and gave me the link to the site. (I was here before the new site and name change, as you should know.) Then, I met you guys. ;)

WII FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!! :3

(>'-')> I got :3: s, 2 FCs, and an Box 360, because that's how awesome I am. YOU SEE WHAT I DID THERE? :3 <('-'<)

[G4L] P.K.

Level 3
As Ninja pointed out above, GE has had the main life effect on me as far as Wii goes. I've only owned my Wii for aproximately 2 years now, but when I first got it (used from my friend) I purchased Super Mario Galaxy 2. Having played the first Galaxy only to grab a few stars, I thought SMG2 would be a decent endeavor for me. As I navigated through the first 70-80 stars, I decided that a Strategy Guide would be needed for some of those hard to reach green stars.

Still, If you were to combine all the games I've played: Wii Sports, Galaxy, Mario Kart Wii, and MW3, It would only come up to just about the same amount of game time that I've played GE. I still say the when comparing MW3 with GE, GE is the overall better game for multi player experience. It was just the little differences that makes it better: It seemed more of a man to man competition, the count down before the match begins, the way gadgets/mines were used, how much it made a difference to have unique loadouts/different loadouts depending on the map. GE just seemed to implore a vast variety of individual stylus into the game. In MW3, sure you can switch it up, but it just seems all too much the same song and dance no matter which mode/weapons you choose.

RoryLee

Level 5
How has the Wii/Nintendo affected my life? The most important thing for me is that I made really good friends over the last few years. If it wasnt for GE, I probably wouldnt have gotten to know everyone on here now.

I remember playing GE online all by myself. That is until I ran into a few [NL] members and I always wondered if they were from Nintendo Life since I've been going to that site for awhile now. I ended up posting my friend code on the forums and started to get to know everyone really well. Gameday, Z-Bone, Tech, Nerrel, Lifesave, and RDB were the ones that I first started playing online with. It was almost like Clockwork back when GE came out, everyone would always show up around the same time and play.

"Pro-Wrestling is real....People are fake!"
Mr. Anderson

"A goal is not always meant to be reached, it often serves simply as something to aim at."
Bruce Lee

"My wife and I were happy for 20 years. Then we met."
Rodney Dangerfield

X-145

Level 3
Another big thing, Mario. If I had never gotten the Wii, I would have never gotten Super Mario Galaxy. After that, my favorite gaming series became Mario! I have New Super Mario Bros, New superMario Bros Wii, Super Mario Galaxy, Super Mario Galaxy 2, Super Mario 64 DS, Super Mario Bros, Super Mario World, Mario Karts 64, Double Dash, Wii, DS, and 7, and Super Mario 3D Land (and Super Smash Bros Brawl if you want to count that). Phew..that's a lot. I also would have never gotten any other Nintendo System.

X-145 Fights with loyalty to [G4L] and himself!

"A man doesn't hate another man, but the ideas that the opposing man supports."
-Me
"The intelligence of your own must make up for the stupidity of others."
-Me
"I know not what WWIII will be fought with, but WWIV will be fought with sticks and stones."
-Einstein
"God Forbid I should live an Emperor without an Empire."
-Constantine XI
"Just because you had a bad day doesn't mean you should take your stick out of your ass and hit me with it!"
-One of my co-workers

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum