Before using the forum, please read the site rules! They're super important, so don't forget to read them!
Fancy a gaming weekend with friends? Then why not join the discussion and nominate a game for everyone to play! It'll be a ton of fun!
For all the latest Nintendo news from around the globe, check out WiiWareWave!
Welcome one and all to Nintygaming Forums! The only website with 100% pure Nintendo love and discussion!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gaming - PC and Console unite! » General » General Discussion » Work Discussion

Work Discussion

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26 Re: Work Discussion on 31/7/2012, 16:26

SunDown

Level 5
Damn Demonic! £1,300 a month is really good pay for a simple stocking job. Well, at least to start it is. Congratulations Demonic! I know someone who's going to be purchasing a WiiU.

27 Re: Work Discussion on 31/7/2012, 19:11

Demonic

Level 5
Might throw in the towel, working at night I can do but sleeping during the day is just... urgh...

I hate how lazy I am, but I'm too lazy to do anything about it.

If you must argue, remember that it is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument.
http://forever-gaming.forumotions.net

28 Re: Work Discussion on 1/8/2012, 01:26

SunDown

Level 5
I know exactly how you feel Chris. At one point, I was working two jobs and barely had time for any sleep. I worked the graveyard shift alone at a gas station and a mid-day shift at a Mcdonald's. Which barely allowed for me to sleep enough. I would try to find employment somewhere else, before I would quit. Just try to tough it out until another job comes along, and then turn in a two week notice. Trust me, it'll make things easier on you, in the long run.

29 Re: Work Discussion on 1/8/2012, 18:25

Demonic

Level 5
I doubt I'll find another job any time soon and this job is only temporary, I only have it for 6 weeks, after that allotted time it's down to the management as to whether they'll keep me or not, because they're got plenty of other temps there as it is so our chances are pretty slim, but if they do give me a perma position, I am definitely swapping departments, stuff doing nights after that. The money might be amazing, but it's just not worth sleeping all day and having no time for yourself... or your games. :3

If you must argue, remember that it is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument.

30 Re: Work Discussion on 1/8/2012, 18:35

Jack

Level 2
Wow :o £328 a week? I want a job D:

Jackykins...

http://us3.chatzy.com/m/676123268096

31 Re: Work Discussion on 1/8/2012, 20:15

Demonic

Level 5
I'll be getting around £1,312 a month, take out the deductions and I should be left with just under £1,000 so it's not that bad actually. However since this is my first job the deductions will be higher because of emergency tax, but I'll get it back after a while.

I'll stick with this job and save up the money because the amount you get is ridiculously amazing! Working unsocial-able hours comes with awesome money but so many disadvantages it's crazy.

32 Re: Work Discussion on 2/8/2012, 16:07

Soundwav

Level 3
Sry If I been Gone Guys, been busy... If you guys dont know I work in seasons....I work fall,winter,spring...but in the summer I take off, welll I finished my last project last month but I had some personal issues come up, but anyway I back and I'm happy to see some of you guys are doing pretty good

I might be a Cyborg, but you must forgive me because I am still Human.

33 Re: Work Discussion on 3/8/2012, 20:50

[G4L] P.K.

Level 3
Chris720 wrote:Good luck playing with me, I'm working (get on SwapNote more often!) this week. Got back from my first night shift, bloody hell, restocking and facing the shelves is hard work... very hard work!

But hey, I get £328 a week so I'm not complaining!

Congrats Demon! Wow, I'm impressed at your rate of pay. Is it based on 40 hours a week for 4 weeks a month? If it is, then, euros to dollars that would come to approximately $13/hr in US money. A bit more than I get currently. Is this a factory job/what exactly are you straightening on them shelves?

34 Re: Work Discussion on 5/8/2012, 19:03

Demonic

Level 5
I get around £9 an hour, I'm doing a 9 hour shift, take out my 2 breaks so it comes down to 7 and a half hours that I'm actually working, so I'm getting around £63 a night. I've done 5 nights this week so that comes out to £315 for this week alone, I'll be doing 4 nights next week so that's £252 for that week.

So after two weeks I've already earned £567.

Is this a factory job/what exactly are you straightening on them shelves?

Working in a supermarket dude, why would I be facing up shelves in a factory? Lol.

I'm restocking the shelves so that the shelves are always full of crappy products no one buys, after I've got the back stock cages out on the shop floor and put out the deliveries coming in, if there are any that night, then I face up the shelves so it looks neat and tidy just so the customers can come in and fuck it up again.

It's a very basic, mind numbingly boring job, but it pays very well so I'm not complaining.

35 Re: Work Discussion on 6/8/2012, 00:58

Jack

Level 2
Hey Demon what supermarket i'm coming to visit

Jackykins...

http://us3.chatzy.com/m/676123268096

36 Re: Work Discussion on 6/8/2012, 11:22

Demonic

Level 5
Tesco, Braunton. But I'm working nights so you won't see me unless you visit the store between 6am and 7am which is when I clock off and go home. ;)

And since you don't have any transport to get yourself here I doubt I'll be seeing your ugly mug. :P

37 Re: Work Discussion on 6/8/2012, 14:25

RoryLee

Level 5
I'm finally back from a very long week/weekend. I ended up working 85 1/2 hours. The good thing is I actually had a good time. A few of those days I helped put a playground together, which is like constructing a really big puzzle. And the rest of the week was pretty chill with a bunch of easy jobs. It's definitely good to be back home

@Sound
Welcome back, buddy! I hope to see you around here more.

@Demon
That sounds like some really great pay, especially for your first job. Stocking shelves can't be tgat bad, the only thing I couldn't handle would be the night shift. I've done that before and I had to find something new because I can't handle sleeping during the day.

"Pro-Wrestling is real....People are fake!"
Mr. Anderson

"A goal is not always meant to be reached, it often serves simply as something to aim at."
Bruce Lee

"My wife and I were happy for 20 years. Then we met."
Rodney Dangerfield

38 Re: Work Discussion on 6/8/2012, 18:57

Demonic

Level 5
@Rory Night shifts aren't too bad as long as you can sleep during the day, if you can't do that well then you are very much screwed. I can easily work the night shifts since it's quite a laid back job until the last 6 or so hours and then they really push you to get that shit out for the customers coming in.

I had trouble sleeping during the day on my first few nights, but on Sunday I slept like a baby, 7:30 til 4:00 just sleeping all day pretty much lol. Which after two nights wasn't too bad, but that night I couldn't sleep until 3:00am so I was playing MK7 for most of that night lol.

39 Re: Work Discussion on 18/8/2012, 07:47

Demonic

Level 5
Sorry I haven't been around much lately, works been a bitch and I'm only staring to settle in to the job really and get used to the aisle's.

I've only got about two or three weeks to go now before my contract terminates and then it's up to the management whether they'll keep me on or boot me out, apparently there's two or three positions available so I'm going to have to work my ass off if I want to keep this job. :/

Just thought I'd check in and see how everyone is getting on since my hiatus, I'll try to check in more often over the weekend or something and maybe arrange a few games to play with you guys.

40 Re: Work Discussion on 18/8/2012, 13:52

RoryLee

Level 5
@Demon
Hopefully they keep you around so you can keep that gaming habit going.

And as for me, I'll be going out of town again for the whole week. I think they might have a computer at the mancamp so I'll be able to check in every now and then. I'm leaving tomorrow, but the good thing is that I will be able to pick up my new 3DS XL before I go.

Mr. Anderson

"A goal is not always meant to be reached, it often serves simply as something to aim at."
Bruce Lee

Rodney Dangerfield

41 Re: Work Discussion on 19/8/2012, 22:12

SunDown

Level 5
RoryLee, do you plan to give Jenny your original model, so you can both play together? Anyways, just make sure you provide us with your new FC RoryLee.

42 Re: Work Discussion on 19/8/2012, 22:26

Demonic

Level 5
Two words Sunny... 3DS Transfer. It'll keep his original Friend Code and friends intact, no new Friend Code.

43 Re: Work Discussion on 20/8/2012, 16:02

RoryLee

Level 5
All my info got transferred to my new system. And I ended up trading my old system because Jenny rarely plays games anymore.

Mr. Anderson

Bruce Lee

Rodney Dangerfield

44 Re: Work Discussion on 22/8/2012, 22:05

Demonic

Level 5
Received a letter today from Tesco saying that I won't be keeping the job and my contract is ending on the 1st of September, what's an even bigger kick in the peanuts is I won't get paid until the 4th of September... what a pain in the butt! I still have just under two weeks to wait before I get any payment for my services. :/

And then another kick is I'll have to go back on to Job Seeker's Allowance until I find a new job... and at this point in time, there are just no jobs around anywhere that'll take on the inexperienced unemployed. :/ Life sucks at times...

But looking on the brighter side of life, I'm hoping to have at least £1000 or more going into my bank account this month - or should I say next month. So at least I have some spending money for games and the like, maybe even a 3DS XL at some point. :P

45 Re: Work Discussion on 18/9/2012, 12:54

Soundwav

Level 3
Well I think im gonna get laid of by the end of this year, my supervisor said there gonna fire some people, and he said it might come soon than expected, so I might have to delay getting my WiiU, until i find a job to support myself. thankfully my parents are gonna retiree fully by the end of this month, and i dont have to support them as much.

I might be a Cyborg, but you must forgive me because I am still Human.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum