Before using the forum, please read the site rules! They're super important, so don't forget to read them!
Fancy a gaming weekend with friends? Then why not join the discussion and nominate a game for everyone to play! It'll be a ton of fun!
For all the latest Nintendo news from around the globe, check out WiiWareWave!
Welcome one and all to Nintygaming Forums! The only website with 100% pure Nintendo love and discussion!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gaming - PC and Console unite! » General » General Discussion » The Videogaming Connoisseur

The Videogaming Connoisseur

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 The Videogaming Connoisseur on 21/3/2012, 08:21

SunDown

Level 5
This is the meeting place for novice and experienced videogame collectors to discuss their most recent purchases, or just to converse about their current collections and most treasured collectibles.

Last edited by SunDown on 21/3/2012, 09:17; edited 1 time in total

2 Re: The Videogaming Connoisseur on 21/3/2012, 08:38

SunDown

Level 5
I just recently decided to become a videogame collector, and I already have a short wishlist of titles that I plan on adding to my collection. My most recent purchase is a factory sealed (Non-Nintendo Selects) copy of Super Mario Galaxy. Which I truly believe will be worth a pretty penny someday down the road. Plus, I just loved the cover art and couldn't resist adding it to my collection. Be they retro or more modern investments, which videogames are you proud to have in your collection? And which videogames do you plan to or would like to add to your collection?

Hello, my fellow connoisseurs. You may find this link very useful, for your collecting outlooks.
http://www.pricecharting.com/

3 Re: The Videogaming Connoisseur on 21/3/2012, 21:56

danschemen

Level 2
I already have a giant collection since my dad, little brother, and I, we all love gaming so we get new games often. Some of my favorite games in the collection are Gotcha Force(very rare, they never made very many and that's when it first came out), Phantasy Star Online Episode 1 and 2, Time Splitters Future Perfect, Resident Evil 4, Resident Evil Deadly Aim, and Phantasy Star Zero are the only games I can name off the top of my head. I'll add a couple more every now and them.

My friend codes:
MW3: 0166-7632-6994
Mario Kart Wii: 4039-4192-6544
Monster Hunter Tri: PPJHCF
If you add me send me a message with your FC
https://www.youtube.com/user/danschemen

4 Re: The Videogaming Connoisseur on 21/3/2012, 21:58

[G4L]Mr.187

Level 3
danschemen wrote:I already have a giant collection since my dad, little brother, and I, we all love gaming so we get new games often. Some of my favorite games in the collection are Gotcha Force(very rare, they never made very many and that's when it first came out), Phantasy Star Online Episode 1 and 2, Time Splitters Future Perfect, Resident Evil 4, Resident Evil Deadly Aim, and Phantasy Star Zero are the only games I can name off the top of my head. I'll add a couple more every now and them.

I loved Phantasy star online episode 1 & 2.
Played that game for days non-stop.
I think it was nintendo's first online game...

I lick my gun when i'm done, cause i know that revenge is sweet(So sweet)
This is a gang, gamers thang, tell me what you need?

You know i'm down, i'm down for life.
Load and reload it, let's go, gamer for life.
Till the day that i die.

G4L,Baby!!!!!
http://forever-gaming.forumotions.net

5 Re: The Videogaming Connoisseur on 21/3/2012, 22:44

SunDown

Level 5
danschemen, there's a factory sealed copy of, "Gotcha Force," on ebay right now, with a Buy it Now value of $199.99. And the pricecharting website can't even find any listings for, "Resident Evil Deadly Aim," or, "Phantasy Star Zero," so those may actually be very valuable titles you own.

Last edited by SunDown on 21/3/2012, 23:03; edited 1 time in total

6 Re: The Videogaming Connoisseur on 21/3/2012, 22:59

[G4l]TillDeath

Level 2
why is the game so damn expencive?

I'm a try hard and I know it!

7 Re: The Videogaming Connoisseur on 21/3/2012, 23:09

SunDown

Level 5
Because it was only produced in very low quantities, by which making it very rare and valuable as a collectible. But like I said in my earlier post, rarity doesn't always determine a videogame's value as a collectible. There's a factory sealed copy of Super Metroid w/original cover art on ebay right now, with a Buy it Now value of $399.95. The Nintendo Player's Choice and Nintendo Selects cover art isn't nearly as valuable, since they were produced at a later period, sold at a bargain value and distributed in mass quantities. That's why I was really glad when I found a factory sealed copy of Super Mario Galaxy w/original cover art, for the same price as the Nintendo Selects.

8 Re: The Videogaming Connoisseur on 21/3/2012, 23:41

danschemen

Level 2
I know Deadly Aim is a pretty hard game to find it took me a lot of driving to find a gamestop that still sold that game but it's actually a really cheap game.. It can be beaten in under 30 minutes no joke. Phantasy Star Zero is a ds game not sure how hard it is to get, it's for the ds and it came out 2 years ago. Gotcha Force, at first glance I thought the game was really stupid but my dad got it for my birthday and it was VERY additcting. Like pokemon it has a sort of collect them all sort of feel but I never really cared about collecting them all in pokemon. Although trying to collect them all on Gotcha Force was so much fun. Unfortunately, PSO Episode 1 and 2 for the gamecube is selling new games for over $200, although if you don't care about it being new you can buy a used version for about $35.

My friend codes:
MW3: 0166-7632-6994
Mario Kart Wii: 4039-4192-6544
Monster Hunter Tri: PPJHCF
If you add me send me a message with your FC
https://www.youtube.com/user/danschemen

9 Re: The Videogaming Connoisseur on 22/3/2012, 03:56

SunDown

Level 5
I really wish I had the type of funds to afford a factory sealed copy of, "One Piece Unlimited Adventure," or, "DragonBall Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 3". Because they're going to be serious collectors items in the future.

10 Re: The Videogaming Connoisseur on 22/3/2012, 04:33

[G4l]TillDeath

Level 2
ok, this probably doesnt count, but i just payed tube-hero on facebook and got so into it i drooled on myself, its like guitar hero but it runs through facebook and has ANY song that you can find on youtube
it works by streaming the video and choosing notes that cordinate with the music you find... it is AWESOME
PS if u have a facebook go ahead and send me a friend request, my name is Lexington Moore

I'm a try hard and I know it!

11 Re: The Videogaming Connoisseur on 22/3/2012, 19:26

X-145

Level 3
I'm not much of a collector, but my favorite "Rare-ish" games are Donky Konga 1 and 2 and, especially Dragon Quest 8. When I got it, it was the last one on the entire mall, and my friend had the same story. The clerk also said that DQ8 is getting harder to find. One thing I am planning on getting is DDR Mario Mix, and I've only ever seen one copy...I'm not saying these are super hard to find, these are just games that are getting a little sparse.

X-145 Fights with loyalty to [G4L] and himself!

"A man doesn't hate another man, but the ideas that the opposing man supports."
-Me
"The intelligence of your own must make up for the stupidity of others."
-Me
"I know not what WWIII will be fought with, but WWIV will be fought with sticks and stones."
-Einstein
"God Forbid I should live an Emperor without an Empire."
-Constantine XI
"Just because you had a bad day doesn't mean you should take your stick out of your ass and hit me with it!"
-One of my co-workers

12 Re: The Videogaming Connoisseur on 24/3/2012, 17:45

SunDown

Level 5
Can anybody please inform if Super Mario Galaxy came factory packaged in shrink wrap or Y-folded cellophane?

13 Re: The Videogaming Connoisseur on 24/3/2012, 17:50

SunDown

Level 5
Can anybody please inform if Super Mario Galaxy came factory sealed in shrink wrap or Y-folded cellophane? I'm trying to find out if the copy I just received has been re-sealed.

14 Re: The Videogaming Connoisseur on 24/3/2012, 18:46

Demonic

Level 5
I can't say for Americans but ours always come in Y-folded cellophane with Nintendo stickers going along it.

I hate how lazy I am, but I'm too lazy to do anything about it.

If you must argue, remember that it is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument.

15 Re: The Videogaming Connoisseur on 25/3/2012, 00:52

SunDown

Level 5
My copy arrived in shrink wrap. So that means it was re-sealed and sold as new, correct?

16 Re: The Videogaming Connoisseur on 25/3/2012, 02:44

Demonic

Level 5
I guess so...

I hate how lazy I am, but I'm too lazy to do anything about it.

If you must argue, remember that it is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument.

17 Re: The Videogaming Connoisseur on 20/4/2012, 14:51

SunDown

Level 5
Does anybody think a new factory sealed copy of, "Baten Kaitos," will become a valuable collector's item someday?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum