Before using the forum, please read the site rules! They're super important, so don't forget to read them!
Fancy a gaming weekend with friends? Then why not join the discussion and nominate a game for everyone to play! It'll be a ton of fun!
For all the latest Nintendo news from around the globe, check out WiiWareWave!
Welcome one and all to Nintygaming Forums! The only website with 100% pure Nintendo love and discussion!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gaming - PC and Console unite! » General » General Discussion » Overrated Games

Overrated Games

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Overrated Games on 17/4/2012, 23:02

RoryLee

Level 5
I just want to get your thoughts on games that you think that shouldn't of have gotten all the high praise, and glory.

The one game that comes to mind for me would have to be The World Ends With You. I remember being pretty excited about it when I heard about, but I never did pick it up when it came out. I finally had to go buy it when I heard that the game was in short supply, and really high demand. I'm not quite sure how, or why the game became so popular. I really did like the game at first but after awhile it got repetitive for me. The music, gameplay, the stages, they all got boring for me. I did beat the game....but it it was more like a Thank God I finally don't have to play anymore.

"Pro-Wrestling is real....People are fake!"
Mr. Anderson

"A goal is not always meant to be reached, it often serves simply as something to aim at."
Bruce Lee

"My wife and I were happy for 20 years. Then we met."
Rodney Dangerfield

2 Re: Overrated Games on 17/4/2012, 23:15

Demonic

Level 5
For me, the Call of Duty franchise. Everyone praises it as the best FPS game you can buy, but yet it's just the same game churned out every year with a few cosmetic differences.

Along with Angry Birds, everyone hales it as a really awesome game, but it's the same mechanic over and over, you fling a bird into pigs and you move on to do the same tedious task.

I find us humans very weird, most of us can be so easily amused by such little things. scratch

I hate how lazy I am, but I'm too lazy to do anything about it.

If you must argue, remember that it is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument.
http://forever-gaming.forumotions.net

3 Re: Overrated Games on 17/4/2012, 23:21

RoryLee

Level 5
I'm not a fan of Angry Birds either....even though it sounds like my underrated game Boom Blox.

I enjoy Call of Duty but its not one of the games that I go out and buy instantly.

Mr. Anderson

"A goal is not always meant to be reached, it often serves simply as something to aim at."
Bruce Lee

Rodney Dangerfield

4 Re: Overrated Games on 17/4/2012, 23:29

Demonic

Level 5
Yeah but Boom Blox is actually fun... I find Angry Birds rather tedious and unexciting because it's the same mechanic, whereas Boom Blox does different things with the same mechanic.

If you must argue, remember that it is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument.

5 Re: Overrated Games on 17/4/2012, 23:39

[G4L]Mr.187

Level 3
All Cod and Moh.
Enough said

I lick my gun when i'm done, cause i know that revenge is sweet(So sweet)
This is a gang, gamers thang, tell me what you need?

You know i'm down, i'm down for life.
Load and reload it, let's go, gamer for life.
Till the day that i die.

G4L,Baby!!!!!

6 Re: Overrated Games on 17/4/2012, 23:56

SunDown

Level 5
Paper Mario

I downloaded the game a longtime ago, and I quit before even being halfway through. I really wish I had saved those Wii points for a couple more NES Megaman titles, or even the original Super Mario Bros. titles for that matter.

7 Re: Overrated Games on 18/4/2012, 00:05

Soundwav

Level 3
all the Mario Partys....idk why

I might be a Cyborg, but you must forgive me because I am still Human.

8 Re: Overrated Games on 18/4/2012, 00:58

RoryLee

Level 5
Wow! 10 Mario games are already on this thread. Lol Shocked

@Sound
You have to have friends to enjoy those games.

@Sunny
It's funny that you brought up that game, because I was gonna see what everyone thought of it, since I have never played it. But i do agree with you. I had the Wii and Gamecube games and it was only an enjoyable experience for me.

Mr. Anderson

Bruce Lee

Rodney Dangerfield

9 Splitting... on 18/4/2012, 03:10

danschemen

Level 2
MW3, some mario games, and the Conduit series(very disappointing if you ask me but people seem to enjoy it and call it great).

My friend codes:
MW3: 0166-7632-6994
Mario Kart Wii: 4039-4192-6544
Monster Hunter Tri: PPJHCF
If you add me send me a message with your FC
https://www.youtube.com/user/danschemen

10 Re: Overrated Games on 19/4/2012, 10:58

Demonic

Level 5
Just split this topic, hopefully no more crap in here. Lets keep it on topic guys...

11 Re: Overrated Games on 19/4/2012, 16:09

Soundwav

Level 3
Starwars Battlefront II.....oh my...god....its on like meth....not really realistic motions

I might be a Cyborg, but you must forgive me because I am still Human.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum