Before using the forum, please read the site rules! They're super important, so don't forget to read them!
Fancy a gaming weekend with friends? Then why not join the discussion and nominate a game for everyone to play! It'll be a ton of fun!
For all the latest Nintendo news from around the globe, check out WiiWareWave!
Welcome one and all to Nintygaming Forums! The only website with 100% pure Nintendo love and discussion!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gaming - PC and Console unite! » General » General Discussion » Your latest video game purchase

Your latest video game purchase

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 7]

101 Re: Your latest video game purchase on 20/2/2013, 19:07

Demonic

Level 5
2 Fast 4 Gnomz generally looks quite terrible and I prefer 99 Bullets, pure arcade fun. The rest of the 99 games don't really interest me in the slightest. :P

I hate how lazy I am, but I'm too lazy to do anything about it.

If you must argue, remember that it is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument.
http://forever-gaming.forumotions.net

102 Re: Your latest video game purchase on 20/2/2013, 19:50

RoryLee

Level 5
@Sunny
I played the demo and it just reminds me of flash games that I played on my computer. I just have a problem with DL those kind of games onto my 3DS. I just feel like they are there to waste time...that's just my opinion.

I would rather DL 99 bullets since I grew up with those kind of games. We don't get too many games like that anymore.

"Pro-Wrestling is real....People are fake!"
Mr. Anderson

"A goal is not always meant to be reached, it often serves simply as something to aim at."
Bruce Lee

"My wife and I were happy for 20 years. Then we met."
Rodney Dangerfield

103 Re: Your latest video game purchase on 20/2/2013, 20:49

Demonic

Level 5
You should definitely get 99 Bullets, really fun and it has that arcade kind of feel to it. Insert coin... bang, bang, bang!

It's quite easy at the beginning but as the enemies get tougher (2-3 shots) you really have to start conserving ammo for the harder enemies that might appear and dodge as best you can.

Every 3rd level you get a boss battle which are pretty simple but their attacks can be annoying. So far I've got to Round 11, I keep dieing towards the end, the attack frequency is just brutal, constantly getting barraged by lasers.

If you must argue, remember that it is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument.

104 Re: Your latest video game purchase on 20/2/2013, 21:33

SunDown

Level 5
Oh, I'm definitely going to download the first game. 99 Bullets is the most polished, quality entry in the series. The other two games are just budget titles, but they're not bad games at all. Especially not for only $2. I just wish they were 3DSWare instead. I bet all three games would present themselves in a totally new way, if they had been given a lick of 3D paint.

Anyways, I don't think 2 Fast 4 Gnomz appears or even feels like a browser flash game, but to each their own I guess. I'm enjoying it, so that's all that matters, right?

105 Re: Your latest video game purchase on 21/2/2013, 13:25

RoryLee

Level 5
Well, I might have to check out videos for 99 Bullets. Sounds like some good arcade fun.

I heard that the DLC for Assassins Creed 3 came out last night. Its called the Tryanny of George Washington, so I'm pretty sure that I'm gonna download that tonight. The price for that is $10.

Might DL some other things today, but that all depends on if we get a good update today. And it looks like the UK got some really cool demos for the 3DS and WiiU. Hopefully NA gets some nice goodies like that.

Mr. Anderson

"A goal is not always meant to be reached, it often serves simply as something to aim at."
Bruce Lee

Rodney Dangerfield

106 Re: Your latest video game purchase on 21/2/2013, 16:42

Demonic

Level 5
I got the MH3 demos for Wii U and 3DS, not sure if they count as purchases since they're free. :P

I might DL the AC3 DLC but at $10, I might just pass. The other DLC I bought which was £4.49 was pretty lame. I might see what you get with it first and DL it then... when it becomes 11pm. Fucking Germans and their stupid laws having to wait until 11 to look at anything over 18. I'm not German and I'm 19, let me view what I want when I want dammit!

107 Re: Your latest video game purchase on 21/2/2013, 18:48

RoryLee

Level 5
I didn't get the other DLC for AC3 because it all sounded pretty terrible. Most of the stuff was for online, and I didn't want to bother with paying for anything online since the servers take forever to find a game. And the rest of the stuff just seemed like little boring side missions.

I might check out some reviews for the new DLC. I would like to see that evil side of George Washington.

Mr. Anderson

Bruce Lee

Rodney Dangerfield

108 Re: Your latest video game purchase on 21/2/2013, 19:19

SunDown

Level 5
So, how do those monsters look in full stereoscopic 3D Demonic?

109 Re: Your latest video game purchase on 21/2/2013, 22:53

Demonic

Level 5
It's not really a 3D effect exactly, it just adds depth and makes the screen look bigger so you can see more. A lot like Zen Pinball's 3D effect basically.

I find it annoying since I have that automatic reaction to sway my head to the right or left slightly, no idea why lol, which then upsets the sweet spot. But the 3D definitely makes the game look and feel nicer.

But I'm not a fan of the camera controls, it works on the normal D-pad but that means I have to stop moving to change the camera. The touch screen D-pad works but you have to plant your thumb on the screen and you have to follow the pattern of the D-pad, meaning only 1 way to move it at a time making water combat very difficult. So the CPP is really needed, for me at least.

110 Re: Your latest video game purchase on 22/2/2013, 00:38

RoryLee

Level 5
I think I'm gonna wait on DL the AC3 content. I seen some reviews and they were pretty good, the length would probably last around 2 to 3 hours, plus it look like you got 2 new abilities which look really cool. The only reason I'm holding out is because I heard that the Tyranny of GW is gonna be a trilogy.

Mr. Anderson

Bruce Lee

Rodney Dangerfield

111 Re: Your latest video game purchase on 24/2/2013, 21:55

SunDown

Level 5
Contra III: Alien Wars (Wii VC)

The best experience the series has to offer, supposedly. Does anybody know why some people hate on Contra: Rebirth?

112 Re: Your latest video game purchase on 25/2/2013, 00:29

Jack

Level 2
Recently bought the PC version of Minecraft due to influence from friends, and haven't really played anything else since

Jackykins...

http://us3.chatzy.com/m/676123268096

113 Re: Your latest video game purchase on 25/2/2013, 01:12

RoryLee

Level 5
People hate Contra:Rebirth? Well, I certainly had alot of fun with that game. Maybe it was because my brother and I were playing together so that made the experience that much better. But we loved the challenge, and I'm pretty sure that we beat the game at least 5 times in one night. It was always fun trying to beat the game at the hardest difficulty.

Mr. Anderson

Bruce Lee

Rodney Dangerfield

114 Re: Your latest video game purchase on 25/2/2013, 01:22

SunDown

Level 5
RoryLee wrote:People hate Contra:Rebirth?

Waveboy...

115 Re: Your latest video game purchase on 25/2/2013, 02:23

RoryLee

Level 5
Waveboy and Zach are two guys that are very particular about their games. I would check with other people and see what they think. I would recommend it.

Mr. Anderson

Bruce Lee

Rodney Dangerfield

116 Re: Your latest video game purchase on 26/2/2013, 17:23

RoryLee

Level 5
Just bought Bit Trip Runner 2. The trailer looked amazing and it looks like alot more content than the original BTR.

Mr. Anderson

Bruce Lee

Rodney Dangerfield

117 Re: Your latest video game purchase on 26/2/2013, 18:55

Demonic

Level 5
Never played the Bit Trip series, looks interesting, but not really my thing... hopefully something good will show up this Thursday.

118 Re: Your latest video game purchase on 26/2/2013, 19:54

RoryLee

Level 5
Played a few rounds of it already. It has way more content than the original Runner and it gives you the option to change the difficulty. Definitely worth the DL. Hopefully you'll check it out sometime if it ever goes on sale.

Mr. Anderson

Bruce Lee

Rodney Dangerfield

119 Re: Your latest video game purchase on 27/2/2013, 22:57

SunDown

Level 5
It's payday today, so, as usual, I'm just about to load up two $20 eShop cards. Castlevania: LoS: MoF is right around the corner, and I can't wait to "BITE" on that.

120 Re: Your latest video game purchase on 28/2/2013, 00:00

RoryLee

Level 5
Castlevania has been on my radar ever since it was first announced. Hopefully we get a demo tomorrow.

Mr. Anderson

Bruce Lee

Rodney Dangerfield

121 Re: Your latest video game purchase on 28/2/2013, 00:02

Demonic

Level 5
It looked interesting but I'm generally not interested now. I haven't played the demo, but I might give that a go at some point, deserves a chance at least since it was on my radar for a while.

But then again, I've got one blockbuster I need above all else... Monster Hunter baby!

122 Re: Your latest video game purchase on 28/2/2013, 00:03

RoryLee

Level 5
Have you ever played any Castlevania games?

Mr. Anderson

Bruce Lee

Rodney Dangerfield

123 Re: Your latest video game purchase on 28/2/2013, 00:05

Demonic

Level 5
Not a single one... I was thinking of picking up the Castlevania game that was released on the 3DS eShop recently.

124 Re: Your latest video game purchase on 28/2/2013, 00:07

RoryLee

Level 5
That ones a classic! They have 3 Castlevania games on the DS that are really good. I'm excited for this new one because it looks like a nice change from the other handheld games.

Mr. Anderson

Bruce Lee

Rodney Dangerfield

125 Re: Your latest video game purchase on 28/2/2013, 00:09

Demonic

Level 5
Which would be best to start off with? Since I'm such a newb at Castlevania. :P

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum