Before using the forum, please read the site rules! They're super important, so don't forget to read them!
Fancy a gaming weekend with friends? Then why not join the discussion and nominate a game for everyone to play! It'll be a ton of fun!
For all the latest Nintendo news from around the globe, check out WiiWareWave!
Welcome one and all to Nintygaming Forums! The only website with 100% pure Nintendo love and discussion!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gaming - PC and Console unite! » Gaming » Handheld » 3DS » How are you going to use your 3DS folders?

How are you going to use your 3DS folders?

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Demonic

Level 5
Finally we can now file our games and applications into Folders! So how are you going to file them?

For me I'm going to have all the inbuilt applications along with Swapnote, Eurosport and Nintendo Video out for easy access along with my 3DSWare titles and have DSiWare, VC and Ambassador titles put into folders so I can find them a lot easier and won't clutter my screen too much.

So, how about you? It's your turn now!

Folders were announced on Saturday, 21st April by Satoru Shibata via Nintendo Direct. These will be released in the firmware update on 25th April.

I hate how lazy I am, but I'm too lazy to do anything about it.

If you must argue, remember that it is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument.
http://forever-gaming.forumotions.net

RoryLee

Level 5
I'm going to keep all my games in different folders. They will be organized by what system the game was originally for (gameboy,3DS, NES,etc.).

"Pro-Wrestling is real....People are fake!"
Mr. Anderson

"A goal is not always meant to be reached, it often serves simply as something to aim at."
Bruce Lee

"My wife and I were happy for 20 years. Then we met."
Rodney Dangerfield

Demonic

Level 5
I was going to do that... but then it'll look more like Folder City. Everything might be grouped together, but sheesh... too much foldering.

If you must argue, remember that it is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument.

RoryLee

Level 5
Are the folders gonna be on the main page?

And I will keep the games that I play the most on the menu page, and I'll end up putting the least used games in a folder.

Demon, do you know if you can use a 32gb SD card in the 3D system?I might pick one up this weekend.

Mr. Anderson

"A goal is not always meant to be reached, it often serves simply as something to aim at."
Bruce Lee

Rodney Dangerfield

Demonic

Level 5
I believe so, it takes any size I think.

Yeah the folders will be on the main page... easy to store my stuff. :P I just wonder if they'll release the update early... you never know. I highly doubt it but still.

EDIT: Well the eShop is currently down for maintenance so I'm guessing the update must be coming fairly soon. Can't wait!

SunDown

Level 5
Rory, take a look at the third post from the top. This guy states it has to be a 32 GB, "SDHC," card. He also states that this information can be found on page 36 of the 3DS instruction manual.

This link will direct you to the page of the forum containing the aforementioned post.
http://www.giantbomb.com/nintendo-3ds/60-117/compatible-sd-cards-for-nintendo-3ds/35-488298/

Edit: Oops... I had to edit the link, but it functions correctly now. :P

RoryLee

Level 5
It takes me to the page but it also wants me to make an account, which I don't want to do. And what exactly is "SDHC"? Can it be any size SD card?

Mr. Anderson

Bruce Lee

Rodney Dangerfield

Demonic

Level 5
SDHC = Secure Digital High-Capacity. It's just a fancier name for an SD card that holds more gigabytes, therefore the "High-Capacity" in the name. :P

SunDown

Level 5
Rory, just click on the, "Continue to the Full Site," link near the bottom of that page. That's a little strange, because it takes me directly to the page in question. :P

Jack

Level 2
Folders? Awesome!
GBA, NES, Demos, Home menu Software and Games I've downloaded. Stuff I use the most will be kept on the home screen.

Jackykins...

http://us3.chatzy.com/m/676123268096

X-145

Level 3
Im just gonna seperate it into Ambassador games and built in games...thats about it

X-145 Fights with loyalty to [G4L] and himself!

"A man doesn't hate another man, but the ideas that the opposing man supports."
-Me
"The intelligence of your own must make up for the stupidity of others."
-Me
"I know not what WWIII will be fought with, but WWIV will be fought with sticks and stones."
-Einstein
"God Forbid I should live an Emperor without an Empire."
-Constantine XI
"Just because you had a bad day doesn't mean you should take your stick out of your ass and hit me with it!"
-One of my co-workers

Demonic

Level 5
The update is live! Went out early for some reason. But it's nice having it there. They've changed the layout of the eShop now though and, ofcourse, folders can now be created on the HOME Menu.

RoryLee

Level 5
How is the new update? I'm only asking because I won't be able to update my 3DS until Friday.

Mr. Anderson

Bruce Lee

Rodney Dangerfield

Demonic

Level 5
It's actually not too bad, but I personally find putting games into Folders takes a while for it to move in. You can't have a folder inside a folder though which sucks and it only displays the first letter on the folder, however there's a way to make it look nicer by using symbols.

They've redone the eShop layout. It's got two rows of icons now, the first row is for themes and/or shelves. The second row has Demo's, DSiware, 3DSWare and Virtual Console tabs. Also clicking on News, Charts and Recent Arrivals shows up as a pop-up rather than filling the whole screen.

I hope that explains it of sorts. You'll have to see it for yourself on Friday. :P

3DS

Level 1
This is how I'm gonna use it!

RoryLee

Level 5
I put my main screen so its 5 deep by whatever else it is the other way. And I put the folders across the bottom in this order.

Miscellaneous-3DS eShop-DSi Ware-Adv.Gameboy-NES Games-Gameboy/GB Color-Sega Gamegear-Videos-Free Demos

And I leave out 4 games that I play the most and I put them above the folder that it belongs to, and I put the rest of the games into the folder. My screen looks pretty sweet with this set up

Mr. Anderson

Bruce Lee

Rodney Dangerfield

Demonic

Level 5
@RoryLee: I wouldn't mind a picture with that explanation.

Mine is rather simple really, it's five long and three wide and the apps go like so from left to right:

SettingsGame CardSwapnoteActivity LogDownload Play
eShopCameraNintendo VideoMii MakerAR Games
Folder (Games)MusicEurosportStreetPass Mii PlazaFolder (Trash)

RoryLee

Level 5
Game Cartridge Marvel Pinball Dark Void Minish Cap Yoshis Island Metroid 2 Dragon Crystal
Swapnote Kid Icarus Flip Champs Fire Emblem Zelda SML 2 N/A
eShop Dillon Soul of Darkness Kirby Mario Mega Man N/A
System Settings Colors Milky Way Wario Land Zelda 2 Gargoyles Q N/A
Folder (M)isc. Folder (3)DS Shop Folder (D)Si Ware Folder (A)dv. GB Folder (N)ES Games Folder (G)B/GB Color Folder (S)ega Game Gear

Mr. Anderson

Bruce Lee

Rodney Dangerfield

RoryLee

Level 5
Paper Mario HoR
SMB 2 Kingdom Hearts
Luigis Mansion Spiderman
N/A Rythm Thief
Folder (V)ideos Folder (F)ree Demos

These are the last 2 rows that I forgot to add to my list.

Mr. Anderson

Bruce Lee

Rodney Dangerfield

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum