Before using the forum, please read the site rules! They're super important, so don't forget to read them!
Fancy a gaming weekend with friends? Then why not join the discussion and nominate a game for everyone to play! It'll be a ton of fun!
For all the latest Nintendo news from around the globe, check out WiiWareWave!
Welcome one and all to Nintygaming Forums! The only website with 100% pure Nintendo love and discussion!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gaming - PC and Console unite! » General » General Discussion » [G4L] P.K. now has a 3ds :P

[G4L] P.K. now has a 3ds :P

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1 [G4L] P.K. now has a 3ds :P on 2/5/2012, 21:12

[G4L] P.K.

Level 3
Well, I finally did it. I traded in my Wii and all my games (GE, MKW, Mario All-Stars, MW3 and Wii sports) at Gamestop for a 3ds. Came out to $130 worth of store credit. Shocked

...Oh, and I also picked up MK7 and Pilot Wings Resort.

2 Re: [G4L] P.K. now has a 3ds :P on 2/5/2012, 21:17

Demonic

Level 5
Wow dude!! :O

Gimme your 3DS FC when you can dude, I'd love to play some MK7 with you. :3

I hate how lazy I am, but I'm too lazy to do anything about it.

If you must argue, remember that it is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument.
http://forever-gaming.forumotions.net

3 Re: [G4L] P.K. now has a 3ds :P on 2/5/2012, 21:18

RoryLee

Level 5
*Fist Pump* What color did you get? I hope you enjoy your new system.

"Pro-Wrestling is real....People are fake!"
Mr. Anderson

"A goal is not always meant to be reached, it often serves simply as something to aim at."
Bruce Lee

"My wife and I were happy for 20 years. Then we met."
Rodney Dangerfield

4 Re: [G4L] P.K. now has a 3ds :P on 2/5/2012, 21:24

SunDown

Level 5
I'm planning on purchasing a 3DS myself, but I wouldn't go so far as to trade my Wii in towards the purchase price. I thought you ordered a copy of Xenoblade Chronicles from Amazon P.K.? Well, I guess you'll be missing out on one of the best RPGs ever made. Did you even have the chance to experience the videogaming masterpieces that are TLoZ: Skyward Sword or Super Mario Galaxy 1 & 2? If not, I really think you should've waited to move forward with this transaction my friend. All things aside, the 3DS is a very awesome handheld console.

5 Re: [G4L] P.K. now has a 3ds :P on 2/5/2012, 21:32

[G4L] P.K.

Level 3
1418-7704-0259 (I'll be adding this to my sig shortly)

@Rory, I got the black color. It looks sweet! I'll be adding both Demon and Rory shortly.

@SunDown, Yes. I've played most of the games you mentioned above. And It's not like I won't have access to a Wii. I just traded in the one that was in my room. I'll still be able to play the one in my parents living room. Besides there's a version of MKW out there that I can still play, and SMG1.

@Demon, should I register friends under Local or Internet...:/

6 Re: [G4L] P.K. now has a 3ds :P on 2/5/2012, 21:38

Demonic

Level 5
Local is only if they're near you. You have to do it via Internet and you'll have to enter my 3DS FC. Which is on the left. :P

If you must argue, remember that it is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument.

7 Re: [G4L] P.K. now has a 3ds :P on 2/5/2012, 21:43

[G4L] P.K.

Level 3
I just added both Demon and Rory! Going on to play some right now if you guys want!!

8 Re: [G4L] P.K. now has a 3ds :P on 2/5/2012, 21:46

SunDown

Level 5
So, are you still going to try and experience Xenoblade Chronicles for yourself P.K.?

9 Re: [G4L] P.K. now has a 3ds :P on 2/5/2012, 22:19

RoryLee

Level 5
I'll add you tomorrow night when I get home. Watch the 3D effect in Pilotwings, its a lot stronger than the other games on the system.

Mr. Anderson

"A goal is not always meant to be reached, it often serves simply as something to aim at."
Bruce Lee

Rodney Dangerfield

10 Re: [G4L] P.K. now has a 3ds :P on 2/5/2012, 22:39

Demonic

Level 5
Good games Lun! I had to leave on that last one because I forgot to get my bike in. :/

Hopefully we can play again another time!

11 Re: [G4L] P.K. now has a 3ds :P on 2/5/2012, 22:49

[G4L] P.K.

Level 3
Hells yeah Demon! Yeesh, the new Rainbow Road can prove very difficult, at least to anticipate/navigate turns. Overall I'm pretty happy so far. I just need to turn off 3D (effects) for a while so my eyes can adjust.

P.S. Does your kart become slower if you choose the smaller wheels? I noticed everyone going faster than me for a while there.

12 Re: [G4L] P.K. now has a 3ds :P on 2/5/2012, 22:58

Demonic

Level 5
I don't mind Rainbow Road, but it's once you get hit by an item or get knocked off at the start of the race that I hate. It's just too easy to fall back to last place at which point you have to spend the rest of the race picking up speed to get to 1st again.

I wouldn't go with the Roller Wheels, although it offers quite high acceleration its speed is absolute crap. Keep an eye on your acceleration when your making a kart so that you can get to top speed as quickly as possible, however make sure you also have a reasonably nice high speed too, but acceleration is key, especially when you have items coming at you from left, right and centre you'll want to get going as quickly as possible.

I also find having a lighter character helps so that you can get a tad more acceleration since weight can hinder you, except when knocking people off the track. :P

13 Re: [G4L] P.K. now has a 3ds :P on 3/5/2012, 00:19

RoryLee

Level 5
tel:305075804390
That is Techs 3DS friend code. He said he's gonna add you tonight. And he also said to go buy KI:Uprising.

Mr. Anderson

Bruce Lee

Rodney Dangerfield

14 Re: [G4L] P.K. now has a 3ds :P on 3/5/2012, 02:49

[G4L] P.K.

Level 3
@Rory, I dunno my pocket is pretty drained right now but I'll try to get Kid Icarus pretty soon ;)

Going to sleep in a couple min, I will re-add Tech (thanks 4 the heads up), 3DS, and everyone and whoever else later 2morrow. Thanks Guys!

15 Re: [G4L] P.K. now has a 3ds :P on 3/5/2012, 20:21

X-145

Level 3
Ok Rainbow Roads on all MK's are my favorites, especially the 3DS one! My code is 0216-0809-2319

X-145 Fights with loyalty to [G4L] and himself!

"A man doesn't hate another man, but the ideas that the opposing man supports."
-Me
"The intelligence of your own must make up for the stupidity of others."
-Me
"I know not what WWIII will be fought with, but WWIV will be fought with sticks and stones."
-Einstein
"God Forbid I should live an Emperor without an Empire."
-Constantine XI
"Just because you had a bad day doesn't mean you should take your stick out of your ass and hit me with it!"
-One of my co-workers

16 Re: [G4L] P.K. now has a 3ds :P on 4/5/2012, 16:49

Nerrel

Level 1
add me, Lun! 1547-5267-3036

17 Re: [G4L] P.K. now has a 3ds :P on 4/5/2012, 23:57

[G4L] P.K.

Level 3
Thanks guys! Everyone will be added later this evening in a few hours when I get home from work!

18 Re: [G4L] P.K. now has a 3ds :P on 5/5/2012, 04:09

RoryLee

Level 5
Just a few tips for your new 3DS. I heard of people complaining about scratches to the top screen when you close your system, so what I do is place a cloth that you clean glasses with, I place that in the middle when I close the system.

And be sure to get a screen protector for the bittom screen. I tried one for the tip screen but all it did was mess up the way the 3D effect.

Mr. Anderson

Bruce Lee

Rodney Dangerfield

19 Re: [G4L] P.K. now has a 3ds :P on 5/5/2012, 21:40

SunDown

Level 5
I have a question for you guys about the screen protectors. When I had a DS lite, I had screen protectors on it too. After awhile the adhesive grew weak around the edges, and the screen protectors began to peel up on the sides. I became sick of looking at the peeling on the side of the screens, so I purchased some new screen protectors. After I removed the old screen protectors, I noticed some discoloration in some spots on the screen while playing a game. At first I thought it might just be some adhesive that was left behind. I tried wiping it off several times, but it wouldn't come of. The discoloration turned out to be defects in the screens. The defect appeared just like the discoloration that would be present if you were to touch an LCD screen with too much pressure. When I finally purchase a 3DS I'll definitely want to protect my screens, but I sure as hell wouldn't want to risk causing defects in the screens. Do you guys think those defects were somehow caused by the adhesive on the screen protectors, or do you think it was from years of use. I'm asking, because the defects were also present on the upper screen of my DS lite as well. I did always wipe the screens free of any dust or debris after every gaming session, but I never used excessive force. What are your thoughts on this matter guys?

20 Re: [G4L] P.K. now has a 3ds :P on 5/5/2012, 22:23

Demonic

Level 5
Probably just over use or excessive use, I never had any problems with the screens on my DS Lite. However I would warn you, don't use screen protectors on the 3DS, it discolours the top screen terribly and makes the 3D effect pretty much useless and jagged.

I used it on the touch screen but it just peeled off and was scratched to hell in under a week and pushed dust to the sides of the screens where you can't get to it. :/

Also the 3DS has an annoying problem on the top screen... it has gaps where dust can get stuck in between it and you can't get it out. So if you have a dust phobia like me, don't play it in direct sunlight. :P

21 Re: [G4L] P.K. now has a 3ds :P on 5/5/2012, 23:26

Jack

Level 2
Awesome Lun!
Be sure to add me too.
As for MK7, I find the Gherkin and Mushroom Wheels are a great combination, if you have those yet :)

Jackykins...

http://us3.chatzy.com/m/676123268096

22 Re: [G4L] P.K. now has a 3ds :P on 5/5/2012, 23:28

3DS

Level 1
Hehe....he's got me.....:P

Sure I'll add you my FC is 0817 3849 1308

23 Re: [G4L] P.K. now has a 3ds :P on 8/5/2012, 04:28

Nerrel

Level 1
i put the hori protector on my top screen the moment i got my 3DS, but the bottom one got some dust trapped under it and i felt like the stylus wasn't as responsive, so i took it off.

i barely used my 3DS before the protector went on, so i don't remember what it looks like without it. i'm thinking about removing it just to see, since it's got gunk lines permanently formed on it due to the bottom screen bevel. and that's after using a cleaning cloth between the screens for an entire year! still can't believe nintendo missed a defect like that.

24 Re: [G4L] P.K. now has a 3ds :P on 8/5/2012, 10:38

Demonic

Level 5
3DS wrote:Hehe....he's got me.....:P

Sure I'll add you my FC is 0817 3849 1308

Tell us when he's using your hardware inappropriately. :P

@Nerrel It could be a whole lot worse. I just wish they had picked up on these defects and fixed them before launching it... could've given them more time to get a bigger and better launch.

25 Re: [G4L] P.K. now has a 3ds :P on 8/5/2012, 21:27

Nerrel

Level 1
i took it off, i notice a slight reduction in the jaggies on moving objects when 3D is on. it's not like there were more jaggies with the protector on, but there had been a weird wiggling effect to the jaggies already there on the edges of moving objects that i don't see anymore. no major difference, though.

the screen looks perfectly nice and clean, sundown, so i wouldn't be afraid of any damage from the hori set at least.

those built up lines came off with the protector and there's no trace of them left, which is nice but it makes me want to put another protector on. there's no real point though, since the protector will just get lines on it right away too. i guess you just have to really wipe down the screen every time to keep them from forming much.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum