Before using the forum, please read the site rules! They're super important, so don't forget to read them!
Fancy a gaming weekend with friends? Then why not join the discussion and nominate a game for everyone to play! It'll be a ton of fun!
For all the latest Nintendo news from around the globe, check out WiiWareWave!
Welcome one and all to Nintygaming Forums! The only website with 100% pure Nintendo love and discussion!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gaming - PC and Console unite! » Gaming » Handheld » 3DS » Mario Tennis Open

Mario Tennis Open

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Mario Tennis Open on 18/5/2012, 16:20

RoryLee

Level 5
Is anyone thinking of getting this game? All the reviews for this game are alright so I'm not sure if I want to pay full price for it. As a tennis fan, I think I would really enjoy it, but I know that Heroes of Ruin is coming out at the end of the month so I might save my money for that game.

"Pro-Wrestling is real....People are fake!"
Mr. Anderson

"A goal is not always meant to be reached, it often serves simply as something to aim at."
Bruce Lee

"My wife and I were happy for 20 years. Then we met."
Rodney Dangerfield

2 Re: Mario Tennis Open on 18/5/2012, 21:18

Demonic

Level 5
I'm waiting for this to drop in price before I buy it, I'm waiting for Heroes of Ruin.

Mario Tennis Open looks interesting, but I can't justify spending £40 on it... so I'll wait until it goes down to about £10 or £20. Not to mention this only has regional online so that really seals the deal I'm waiting for it.

I hate how lazy I am, but I'm too lazy to do anything about it.

If you must argue, remember that it is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument.
http://forever-gaming.forumotions.net

3 Re: Mario Tennis Open on 23/5/2012, 13:34

RoryLee

Level 5
I might pick this up next week. I know the reviews are all over the place but I do love playing tennis games. And I'm almost finished with Solatorobo, and I do have Tales of the Abyss but I haven't really gooten into that game.

Mr. Anderson

"A goal is not always meant to be reached, it often serves simply as something to aim at."
Bruce Lee

Rodney Dangerfield

4 Re: Mario Tennis Open on 23/5/2012, 23:19

SunDown

Level 5
There's an article on NintendoLife that states if anyone in the UK registers Mario Tennis Open before May 28th, they'll recieve an additional 250 Club Nintendo stars as a bonus. I wonder why NOA is screwing us Americans out of this promotion.

5 Re: Mario Tennis Open on 25/5/2012, 04:15

danschemen

Level 2
I think I've only played one mario tennis related game back on the N64 and I remembering liking it a lot so I'll probably pick this one up. I just really can't stand tennis video games that try to actually play tennis seriously cause they always screw it up.

My friend codes:
MW3: 0166-7632-6994
Mario Kart Wii: 4039-4192-6544
Monster Hunter Tri: PPJHCF
If you add me send me a message with your FC
https://www.youtube.com/user/danschemen

6 Re: Mario Tennis Open on 28/5/2012, 23:46

RoryLee

Level 5
I just went to Gamestop and picked up the last copy of Mario Tennis *fist pump*. I have about a 5 hour drive to Minot, ND. So the majority of my time will be playing tennis. I'll try to post later and tell you all how this game is.

Mr. Anderson

Bruce Lee

Rodney Dangerfield

7 Re: Mario Tennis Open on 28/5/2012, 23:56

Jack

Level 2
Let me know how it is Rory, Ill probably get it when it drops down in price.

Jackykins...

http://us3.chatzy.com/m/676123268096

8 Re: Mario Tennis Open on 29/5/2012, 00:15

RoryLee

Level 5
I just beat the Mushroom Cup. Right now I'm loving the game. More input yet to come. ;)

Mr. Anderson

Bruce Lee

Rodney Dangerfield

9 Re: Mario Tennis Open on 30/5/2012, 18:33

RoryLee

Level 5
I'm loving this game! It could be because I enjoy a good tennis game and this is the best one I've played in a long time. The only other tennis games that I really enjoyed were Wii Sports Tennis, and Mario Tennis 64. And this game plays a lot like the 64 version which is a good thing.

Customization
Gameplay/Controls:It has a Simon Says and memory style gameplay to hit the power shots, which require quick thinking.
Miis look good.
Single play will keep you busy.
Mini-games:This is how you earn money to buy stuff.

Dislikes:
3D Effect.
Doubles: Your partner always messes things up, and hogs the ball.
Upgrading: It's hard to tell which outfits are better for you. I just go with what looks good.
Price: The price may be pretty steep for this kind of game. Rent first if you are not sure.

I haven't tried online yet so that will come at another time.

Mr. Anderson

Bruce Lee

Rodney Dangerfield

10 Re: Mario Tennis Open on 31/5/2012, 15:37

Demonic

Level 5
Seems a lot of people like this game, they bang on about it over Swapnote and send me QR Codes that I can't save... what idiots...

Anyway, I still stand by my reasoning to wait for it, I just wouldn't be able to justify spending £30 or £40 for a tennis game that will probably go quite cheap in the next few months.

I'm interested in the title, so don't get me wrong there, it's just not a must-have. Besides I have Heroes of Ruin to look forward to. ;)

If you must argue, remember that it is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument.

11 Re: Mario Tennis Open on 1/6/2012, 13:29

RoryLee

Level 5
@Demon
That would be better to wait for Heroes of Ruin. Mario Tennis is still a great game but I know money would be better spent on a different purchase. But in the meantime I will keep sending you QR codes :P

Mr. Anderson

Bruce Lee

Rodney Dangerfield

12 Re: Mario Tennis Open on 1/6/2012, 22:40

Jack

Level 2
Sounds good so far, what's the single player like?

Jackykins...

http://us3.chatzy.com/m/676123268096

13 Re: Mario Tennis Open on 1/6/2012, 23:00

Demonic

Level 5
Jack will probably buy this, love it and then a few months down the line start hating it lol.

It seems to be a lot like MK7, however the online is region locked and I don't think there's communities, unless I'm mistaken.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum