Before using the forum, please read the site rules! They're super important, so don't forget to read them!
Fancy a gaming weekend with friends? Then why not join the discussion and nominate a game for everyone to play! It'll be a ton of fun!
For all the latest Nintendo news from around the globe, check out WiiWareWave!
Welcome one and all to Nintygaming Forums! The only website with 100% pure Nintendo love and discussion!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gaming - PC and Console unite! » Gaming » Handheld » 3DS » Heroes of Ruin

Heroes of Ruin

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

26 Re: Heroes of Ruin on 11/6/2012, 00:03

Demonic

Level 5
Yeah weekends will be good. Just see how it goes. We've got three members, Sun, Rory and me... so who's going to be our fourth I wonder. :P

I would go with Gunslinger because his attacks are quite strong and has a lot of potential, but I'm more of a melee kind of guy so I might go with one of the fighters.

I think the only way to be "well-rounded" is to have one healer, one ranged and one or two fighters. Easily the best way of taking down the bigger enemies.

I hate how lazy I am, but I'm too lazy to do anything about it.

If you must argue, remember that it is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument.
http://forever-gaming.forumotions.net

27 Re: Heroes of Ruin on 11/6/2012, 00:09

RoryLee

Level 5
I like Sunnys idea. I think it would be great to level up together as a team. Demon, I suppose you will be getting the game way before we will, so thats probably not gonna work out to well.

Either way, I put a preorder in for the game and I'm really looking forward to playing it. Hopefully us Americans can get a demo so we can get a little taste of it.

"Pro-Wrestling is real....People are fake!"
Mr. Anderson

"A goal is not always meant to be reached, it often serves simply as something to aim at."
Bruce Lee

"My wife and I were happy for 20 years. Then we met."
Rodney Dangerfield

28 Re: Heroes of Ruin on 11/6/2012, 00:40

Demonic

Level 5
When will it be released for you? I'm happy to wait, besides I'll probably get it the week after it's initial release, I don't think I'll have enough for a release day purchase.

Even if I do get it before you guys I'll see if I can make two characters, one for me to play and another to play as a team with you guys. How does that sound?

If you must argue, remember that it is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument.

29 Re: Heroes of Ruin on 11/6/2012, 02:08

SunDown

Level 5
Demonic, that sounds like a good idea. I'll probably do the same thing myself. As for our fourth member, I've been chatting with Tech101 at NLife. I guess he's definitely planning to purchase a copy as well. I'll also be exchanging 3DS friend codes with him, as soon as it arrives. You're probably right Demonic, we should just wait until that time comes.

Rory, I know you have a work schedule you'll have to work around, but I'm just wondering how you're going to be able to download the daily challenges. I guess when you're out of town you could just visit the local Mcdonald's, since they usually provide free WiFi to the public. To answer your question in the other thread, my 3DS should be arriving either by tomorrow or the 12th of June. I also plan to purchase Kid Icarus: Uprising, but that could always wait until Christmas.

30 Re: Heroes of Ruin on 11/6/2012, 02:59

RoryLee

Level 5
@Demon
That's sounds like a great idea. I'm really looking forward to playing online with you guys and I don't want to be left out because of my work schedule.

@Sunny
Usually the hotel we stay at had wi-fi. But the signal is always so random that I'm sure my online experience would be pretty bad. But I don't think I will be out of town as much as I have been because Fargo is starting to pick up again.

Mr. Anderson

"A goal is not always meant to be reached, it often serves simply as something to aim at."
Bruce Lee

Rodney Dangerfield

31 Re: Heroes of Ruin on 11/6/2012, 10:17

SunDown

Level 5
I believe there are four save slots, so I'll most likely begin a game as each of the character classes. I'll probably either be an Alchitect or a Savage, while I'm playing together with you guys. I'll have other character classes available, in case one or more of us wishes to play as a different class, from time to time. Then we'll still be able to act as a balanced and well oiled killing machine.

32 Re: Heroes of Ruin on 12/6/2012, 09:37

Demonic

Level 5
To be honest, even on the demo with just the gunslinger and the fighter we pretty much ran through the enemies like they were made of wet paper. It really isn't all that hard and more button mashing than anything else.

The demo didn't show much of the game so maybe there is more strategy than what meets the eye. But even with two of the same characters the enemies and the boss were a piece of cake. But I'm sure the enemies will get harder as the game goes along, I think the demo was based around the first dungeon probably therefore that explains the easiness. :P

33 Re: Heroes of Ruin on 12/6/2012, 15:10

RoryLee

Level 5
I think it was so easy because you're "AWESOME"

Mr. Anderson

Bruce Lee

Rodney Dangerfield

34 Re: Heroes of Ruin on 12/6/2012, 22:39

Demonic

Level 5
@RoryLee:

35 Re: Heroes of Ruin on 13/6/2012, 23:25

X-145

Level 3
Well, easy or not this still looks awesome. And who doesn't like a good buttom masher every once in a while?

X-145 Fights with loyalty to [G4L] and himself!

"A man doesn't hate another man, but the ideas that the opposing man supports."
-Me
"The intelligence of your own must make up for the stupidity of others."
-Me
"I know not what WWIII will be fought with, but WWIV will be fought with sticks and stones."
-Einstein
"God Forbid I should live an Emperor without an Empire."
-Constantine XI
"Just because you had a bad day doesn't mean you should take your stick out of your ass and hit me with it!"
-One of my co-workers

36 Re: Heroes of Ruin on 14/6/2012, 01:24

SunDown

Level 5
Yeah, I don't believe an online multiplayer RPG would function very well, if it was anything other than an action RPG. Too many complications would arise, if it was an online multiplayer turn-based RPG. Demonic has only experienced the demo, so far. The game most likely becomes more difficult as it goes along. I'm sure Square Enix wouldn't want to deter any possible buyers by making the demo frustratingly difficult.

By the way, I'll register you on my 3DS shortly X-145. I didn't get around to doing it last night.

37 Re: Heroes of Ruin on 15/6/2012, 16:10

X-145

Level 3
I beg to differ, Sunny Boy. Dragon Quest 9's local multiplayer worked pretty well and I think something similar for online would be cool.

I'll check to seeif I entered your code in. I haven't used the 3DS in a long time...

-Me
-Me
"I know not what WWIII will be fought with, but WWIV will be fought with sticks and stones."
-Einstein
-Constantine XI
"Just because you had a bad day doesn't mean you should take your stick out of your ass and hit me with it!"
-One of my co-workers

38 Re: Heroes of Ruin on 15/6/2012, 20:52

SunDown

Level 5
Oh, yeah!? Pfft. Well you'll be playing Heroes of Ruin alone, if you don't post a valid friend code X-145. lol

39 Re: Heroes of Ruin on 18/6/2012, 00:56

SunDown

Level 5
I guess some people are really disappointed with Heroes of Ruin. I seen someone on NLife state that the main campaign only lasted 10 hours for them, and now there's nothing left for them to do. He or she acknowledged the daily challenges, but also stated there's really no point in completing them. The enemies don't become anymore difficult to defeat, after you complete the game. The more powerful weapons you collect by completing daily challenges just make the enemies even easier to defeat. I don't know guys, this doesn't sound very good. Let me know what you guys think about this.

40 Re: Heroes of Ruin on 18/6/2012, 03:28

RoryLee

Level 5
The scores have been pretty decent so far. They single player campaign is the only weak thing that I've read about so far. And the reason to own the game would be for the multiplayer. So I will probably end up buying it anyways.

Mario Land 3D got alot of praise from the critics and fans, but I was a little dissapointed in it. And Kid Icarus got shunned by the critics, and it ended up being my favorite 3DS title.

I still think that Heroes of Ruin will be a great addition to the 3DS library.

Mr. Anderson

Bruce Lee

Rodney Dangerfield

41 Re: Heroes of Ruin on 18/6/2012, 06:07

SunDown

Level 5
Hopefully, the frequent downloadable game content will add a good deal of longevity to the; otherwise, rather short campaign mode.

"Planet Crashers 3DS," looks fairly interesting as well, but I haven't been able to locate many details about the online multiplayer features. The social aspects of both these games are a huge selling point for me.

42 Re: Heroes of Ruin on 18/6/2012, 20:26

X-145

Level 3
That's actually scary. I wanted a long campaign but...that's not good. I'll still probably get it for the online anyway!

-Me
-Me
-Einstein
-Constantine XI
-One of my co-workers

43 Re: Heroes of Ruin on 18/6/2012, 20:40

SunDown

Level 5
X-145, that's exactly how I've begun to feel. I'm beginning to think maybe I should pre-order a copy of, "Planet Crashers," instead. Also, I'm still waiting for a valid 3DS friend code X-145.

44 Re: Heroes of Ruin on 18/6/2012, 20:49

X-145

Level 3
Oh, sorry! I though it was in the friend code list.
Here it is: 0216-0809-2319

-Me
-Me
-Einstein
-Constantine XI
-One of my co-workers

45 Re: Heroes of Ruin on 18/6/2012, 20:55

SunDown

Level 5
Thanks X-145. I'll register you in a little while. My 3DS friend code is listed on the left-hand side, and right underneath my title.

46 Re: Heroes of Ruin on 18/6/2012, 21:01

X-145

Level 3
Ok, I got it.
I just realized my code is in the same place as yours on my profile, actually...

-Me
-Me
-Einstein
-Constantine XI
-One of my co-workers

47 Re: Heroes of Ruin on 18/6/2012, 21:13

Demonic

Level 5
You've only just noticed that? Lol!

48 Re: Heroes of Ruin on 19/6/2012, 01:12

RoryLee

Level 5
Kid Icarus had a really short story mode, but I put about 50 hours into the single player game.

I'm just wondering if people were dissapointed because of the short campaign or if it just wasn't any good. But so far the reviews have been pretty good so I'm still gonna get my copy.

Edit:I fixed X-145's 3DS code in the friends list.

Mr. Anderson

Bruce Lee

Rodney Dangerfield

49 Re: Heroes of Ruin on 19/6/2012, 04:40

SunDown

Level 5
I guess I'll just stick with pre-ordering this, if I ever receive the rest of those damn referral points. Plus, I've been informed that Planet Crashers has supposedly become a digital release that will be on the eShop, anyways. Although, I wonder why Amazon still has it listed for pre-order then.

50 Re: Heroes of Ruin on 19/6/2012, 04:45

X-145

Level 3
Anything to make money, Sunny boy...anything to make money...

-Me
-Me
-Einstein
-Constantine XI
-One of my co-workers

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum