Before using the forum, please read the site rules! They're super important, so don't forget to read them!
Fancy a gaming weekend with friends? Then why not join the discussion and nominate a game for everyone to play! It'll be a ton of fun!
For all the latest Nintendo news from around the globe, check out WiiWareWave!
Welcome one and all to Nintygaming Forums! The only website with 100% pure Nintendo love and discussion!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gaming - PC and Console unite! » Gaming » Handheld » 3DS » Heroes of Ruin

Heroes of Ruin

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

51 Re: Heroes of Ruin on 20/6/2012, 18:10

Demonic

Level 5
After playing this game for over 4 or 5 hours I can say that this game is a blast! Leveling up doesn't take too long and is generally quite enjoyable. The game isn't all that hard but walking through a sprawling dungeon is awesome fun!

At the moment I have no problems with the game at all, it works very smoothly, but in the cutscenes the characters pixel rate is quite low and looks quite nasty, not even mouths moving when someone's talking which was a bit weird...

You can level up 3 "powers" Soul, Might and Vigor which in turn makes your character stronger the more you level each up. You can also use points to gain extra powers to use against foes every time you level up.

It's a blast offline and I' sure it's even better online. At the moment there doesn't seem to be any slots, so I'm assuming there's just one slot at the moment.

I hate how lazy I am, but I'm too lazy to do anything about it.

If you must argue, remember that it is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument.
http://forever-gaming.forumotions.net

52 Re: Heroes of Ruin on 20/6/2012, 19:18

SunDown

Level 5
Damn... I never received anymore points and ZoomPanel customer service seems to be ignoring me. To make matters worse, I've barely been receiving any surveys at all. I'm only 430 points away from being eligible for the $25 Amazon digital card. I hope I receive enough surveys, before the pre-order price guarantee expires guys. Otherwise, I'll probably just save the credit in my account for a different game. If I'm going to be forced to locate another $10 somehow, there's other games I think I'd rather have.

53 Re: Heroes of Ruin on 20/6/2012, 22:01

Demonic

Level 5
@SunDown: Really? This game is amazing! There's no game I've played recently that can out play Heroes of Ruin, it's simply awesome! The daily and weekly challenges will make you come back for more and you can sprawl through the same dungeons again and again because they're always changing.

If you miss this game because of something else, well you're missing out dude. I'm just saying because I'd hate to see you miss this gem because you don't have enough money for it.

I'm sure we can all chip in $2 so you can get it.

By the way SunDown... Epicness: 69. Oh you naughty boy. ;)

If you must argue, remember that it is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument.

54 Re: Heroes of Ruin on 21/6/2012, 01:59

SunDown

Level 5
Nah, dude. I don't want you guys to chip in together on my account; especially, when I'm only 430 points away from that damn digital gift card. I should've received points for referring Rory's wife, no matter what. She's a resident of the United States, and she's more qualified to participate than I am. I just don't understand why ZoomPanel is screwing me out of my points and why customer service has been ignoring my emails, so far. If they don't contact me soon, I'm going to be pissed off.

By the way, somebody has been spamming my epicness. I have no idea who it is, so I've just been spamming Rory's, Mr.187's and your epicness.

55 Re: Heroes of Ruin on 21/6/2012, 10:11

Demonic

Level 5
Obviously ZoomPanel isn't as amazing as you thought it was. :P

I'll try to help you out as much as I can, but I'm not sure how much help I'll be. Besides, I'm sure we'll all gladly help you out if your a little strapped for cash to get Heroes of Ruin and I'm sure you would do the same for us.

Also the epicness spamming would be me, I just go through messages now and just click it for the hell of it.

56 Re: Heroes of Ruin on 21/6/2012, 14:41

RoryLee

Level 5
I've seen the users at NL nitpick about the length of the game, but overall it seems like everyone still enjoys it. And NL gave the game an 8/10 and they are usually spot on when it comes to the games I like.

But what I'm looking forward to most is playing online again with the clan. So hopefully this isn't region locked.

"Pro-Wrestling is real....People are fake!"
Mr. Anderson

"A goal is not always meant to be reached, it often serves simply as something to aim at."
Bruce Lee

"My wife and I were happy for 20 years. Then we met."
Rodney Dangerfield

57 Re: Heroes of Ruin on 21/6/2012, 14:59

Demonic

Level 5
Well you can play worldwide, so I'm guessing it won't be region locked. The story is short but at least you have side quests that you can do and it is generally more fun when you have more players with you because then you can stay in the same place just killing enemies all day, sharing loot and chatting shit.

It's a very social game, if you try to complete the story day one on your own then yeah the game is going to look very bleak and crappy. It's a game you have to take quite slow and savour the quests rather than plow through it at 500 mph.

I'm sure it'll start picking up for me more when you guys get to play with me. But for now, I'm going to try out a Gunslinger.

58 Re: Heroes of Ruin on 27/6/2012, 00:25

SunDown

Level 5
I received that Amazon digital gift card today, so I pre-ordered, "Heroes of Ruin". I'm going to try and find another $5 somehow, so I'm not forced to wait 5-8 days for it to arrive by mail. I probably have until July 15th to change the shipping speed.

59 Re: Heroes of Ruin on 28/6/2012, 11:48

Demonic

Level 5
Good luck with that SunDown, hopefully you'll be able to enjoy this game with the rest of us when it hits America.

By the way, my review is up if you want to have a look. :3

60 Re: Heroes of Ruin on 2/7/2012, 10:27

SunDown

Level 5
I'm glad we're receiving the demo on the 5th of July. If I don't find, "Heroes of Ruin," to be as enjoyable as I thought I would, I can easily just cancel my pre-order at Amazon. I'm at least expecting a 7.5-8/10 from, "Heroes of Ruin".

61 Re: Heroes of Ruin on 8/7/2012, 18:24

RoryLee

Level 5
@Demon
Do you think its worth getting HoR? All I ever hear are negatives from other people at NL. I'm thinking of cancelling my pre-order at putting it towards Luiguis Mansion or SMB2, which I know will be good.

Mr. Anderson

"A goal is not always meant to be reached, it often serves simply as something to aim at."
Bruce Lee

Rodney Dangerfield

62 Re: Heroes of Ruin on 8/7/2012, 22:54

Demonic

Level 5
@Rory It's a game only you can decide yourself really. But I'll leave you with something you have to ask yourself if you're thinking of buying this game:

The game isn't bad by any means, in fact it's a really good dungeon crawler with a lot of good side quests to do. However there are a few rough edges with this game...

You can get through the game in around 4 hours - can you deal with short RPGs?

You can reach the gold limit of 99999 half way through the story and there isn't much to spend it on in the first place - can you cope with little money incentive?

The dungeons don't change randomly, the camera just moves somewhere else - can you handle going through the same exact dungeon but with a moved camera?

You go through the game literally just mashing the attack button - can you cope playing a button masher?

If you say no to all of those, then you might as well pass and buy something else. It's a great game as it is, but there's faults that on the surface are rather minor but really niggle at you over time.

63 Re: Heroes of Ruin on 8/7/2012, 23:01

SunDown

Level 5
That's right, you're unable to try out the demo Rory, huh? I tried out the demo last night, and it was the shortest demo I've tried, so far. I thought it was alright, but I'm not as excited as I once was. I was a little disappointed, because I thought I'd be able to customize my character more than is actually possible. The online multiplayer seemed enjoyable, but I did experience some technical difficulties while trying to join someone's game. I'm not too sure anymore, and the demo didn't really help my opinion.

64 Re: Heroes of Ruin on 8/7/2012, 23:45

RoryLee

Level 5
@Sunny
I got the demo, but I haven't git around to it yet. This week will be good since my 3DS is the only thing that will keep me busy this week.

@Demon
I cancelled my pre-order earlier today and ended up reserving Luigis Mansion, Paper Mario, and SMB2. I still might check out HoR, but I'm gonna wait and maybe rent it. Thanks for your input.

Mr. Anderson

Bruce Lee

Rodney Dangerfield

65 Re: Heroes of Ruin on 9/7/2012, 00:34

SunDown

Level 5
I'd wait to give it a rent too, but there's nowhere at all to rent videogames near where I live. My local Hollywood Video and Blockbuster have both been closed down, and now the only thing I have access to is Redbox. I'm probably just going to cancel my pre-order as well, since you already have Rory. Plus, I'm sure Demonic will have pretty much had his share of HoR, by the time I've received my copy.

66 Re: Heroes of Ruin on 9/7/2012, 03:05

SunDown

Level 5
Does HoR provide an enjoyable enough experience, that you would play through the game again from the start Demonic? I might not cancel my pre-order, as long as at some point I'll have others I know to play with online.

67 Re: Heroes of Ruin on 9/7/2012, 10:12

Demonic

Level 5
Think of an RPG with quests... now make those quests generic, as in kill this, collect that, find this, destroy that etc. it's pretty horrific to say the least, but the daily challenges make up for this in a very small way.

The game was, however, made to be played through the game several times, why do you think they gave you 4 save slots and 4 characters to choose? :P But to be honest, I can go through it twice and that's about, it's over far too quickly and there's very little incentive to go exploring in the dungeons unless you want to find that extra loot room, but when your gold gets to its limit, there's no real point.

Unfortunately dude, this is a game no matter how much I tell you, only YOU can make up your mind about it.

68 Re: Heroes of Ruin on 3/9/2012, 04:12

One of the best games´╗┐ I've played on a handheld so far!!!
Heroes 2??? Please ..?

69 Re: Heroes of Ruin on 4/9/2012, 14:03

Soundwav

Level 3
Welcome to G4L gulab1983
I hope you enjoy our site with brotherhood

I might be a Cyborg, but you must forgive me because I am still Human.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum