Before using the forum, please read the site rules! They're super important, so don't forget to read them!
Fancy a gaming weekend with friends? Then why not join the discussion and nominate a game for everyone to play! It'll be a ton of fun!
For all the latest Nintendo news from around the globe, check out WiiWareWave!
Welcome one and all to Nintygaming Forums! The only website with 100% pure Nintendo love and discussion!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gaming - PC and Console unite! » Gaming » Handheld » 3DS » 3DS eShop » CaveStory + (Discussion)

CaveStory + (Discussion)

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1 CaveStory + (Discussion) on 18/9/2012, 22:59

SunDown

Level 5
Is anybody interested in downloading this on Oct. 4th? I downloaded the freeware version on a PC a longtime ago, but I never decided to actually purchase the official PC or WiiWare releases. I thought the freeware version was alright but nothing too special. I'd like to know how much more polished the WiiWare version is, in comparison to the freeware version.

2 Re: CaveStory + (Discussion) on 19/9/2012, 00:44

RoryLee

Level 5
I really enjoyed the WiiWare version. And I would say that it would be one of my top picks for a downloadable title on the Wii.

So what's the + part about, anyways? Is this gonna be in 3D, or did they just add some different content? But I would actually love to have this game on the go, so I guess it all depends on the price, and if they bring anything new over to it.

"Pro-Wrestling is real....People are fake!"
Mr. Anderson

"A goal is not always meant to be reached, it often serves simply as something to aim at."
Bruce Lee

"My wife and I were happy for 20 years. Then we met."
Rodney Dangerfield

3 Re: CaveStory + (Discussion) on 19/9/2012, 01:19

SunDown

Level 5
Relase Date: Oct. 4th
Price: $9.99

CaveStory + will introduce the following new features:
*4:3 & widescreen support.
*Multi-layered 3D depth.
*Additional Challenge Modes (including: Nemesis Challenge, Boss Rush, Curly Story, Hell Time Attack Mode and Wind Fortress.)

4 Re: CaveStory + (Discussion) on 19/9/2012, 01:26

RoryLee

Level 5
Does this have all of the same features of the 3DS cartridge version? If so, that seems like a bargain.

Mr. Anderson

"A goal is not always meant to be reached, it often serves simply as something to aim at."
Bruce Lee

Rodney Dangerfield

5 Re: CaveStory + (Discussion) on 19/9/2012, 01:36

SunDown

Level 5
No, the retail 3DS version is actually a remake Rory. Which was built for the 3DS from the ground up. This is exactly the same game as the DSiWare/WiiWare version, except for the additional features that I listed above.

6 Re: CaveStory + (Discussion) on 19/9/2012, 02:18

NOSOUP4U

Level 3
Sheesh...This reminds me of those same old Starwars movies that they keep putting out with "new features". They need to quit doing the same one over and over and come up with a new one or something. They're kind of running this into the ground.

Last edited by NOSOUP4U on 19/9/2012, 02:39; edited 1 time in total

Aka: LTGamer

7 Re: CaveStory + (Discussion) on 19/9/2012, 02:24

SunDown

Level 5
Yeah, they really are NOSOUP4U. Nicalis doesn't seem to be the most imaginative developers. They just seem to fullfil publishing duties, and sometimes they can't even get that right. That's why this will be the only version I'll ever download, if I even download one at all.

8 Re: CaveStory + (Discussion) on 19/9/2012, 13:58

RoryLee

Level 5
I just might wait for this to go on sale if it ever does. I'll stick with buying new games instead of supporting the rehashing of Cave Story.

Mr. Anderson

Bruce Lee

Rodney Dangerfield

9 Re: CaveStory + (Discussion) on 9/10/2012, 08:56

SunDown

Level 5
I decided to download this the other day, since I've never purchased any other iterations of CaveStory before. This is definitely the definitive version to own. The stereoscopic 3D effects are as clean and multi-layered as they are in Mutant Mudds. I'm so glad I never decided to pay for any other versions of CaveStory before this. I already had $5 and some change in my eShop account, and I just so happened to come across another $5. At first, I thought about purchasing that Denpa Men RPG, but I actually enjoyed the freeware version of CaveStory more than the Denpa Men demo. I'm also glad I quit playing through the freeware version of CaveStory as early as I did, because now most of the game will be a new experience for me. The compilation of exclusive content will add even more replayability and longetivity to the game. I haven't played for very long, because I really just wanted to check out the 3D effects and visual quality. I have other games I really need to finish first. I saved my game right before the fight with that huge bunny monster thing.

10 Re: CaveStory + (Discussion) on 9/10/2012, 12:37

RoryLee

Level 5
I'm glad that you picked yourself up a winner. I'm also on the fence about this not. Only because that I already have on the Wii, and I'm not sure it I should buy this game again. Everything you said about it sounds wonderful, and I would really like to play this game in 3D. I might pick it up sometime down the road, because I know I would put alot of time into this, just like I did in the Wii version.

Mr. Anderson

Bruce Lee

Rodney Dangerfield

11 Re: CaveStory + (Discussion) on 9/10/2012, 14:28

NOSOUP4U

Level 3
BeWARE!!!! The Huge Bunny Monster Thing!! :P

I know they had this at retail too. Not sure of all the differances compared to the Wiiware one and This one.

12 Re: CaveStory + (Discussion) on 10/10/2012, 03:19

SunDown

Level 5
Here you go NOSOUP4U! The links below should help you to understand the difference between the two.

CaveStory 3D
http://www.metacritic.com/game/3ds/cave-story-3D

Hey, Rory! Check out the meta ratings of the 3DS games in the middle of the right-hand side of the page. Look at which game is sitting gloriously at the top of the list my friend.

And here is the iteration of CaveStory that I just recently purchased from the eShop. I think the widescreen and multi-layered 3D effects are worth it alone.
http://blog.nicalis.com/

13 Re: CaveStory + (Discussion) on 11/10/2012, 22:11

Demonic

Level 5
Meanwhile over at Nicalis:

Guy 1: How about if we rehash Cave Story again?

Guy 2: Yeah... no, we've done it so many times now, fans are getting annoyed.

Guy 3: But we could just release it but with more worthless added on crap.

Guy 1: That's a brilliant idea!

Guy 4: But what platform should we put it on?

Guy 1: How about the Wii U? Cave Story + HD maybe?

Guy 2: But guys we really-

Guy 3: Awesome idea! Get porting guys!

Guy 2: *sigh*

I hate how lazy I am, but I'm too lazy to do anything about it.

If you must argue, remember that it is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument.
http://forever-gaming.forumotions.net

14 Re: CaveStory + (Discussion) on 12/10/2012, 02:45

SunDown

Level 5
I'm definitely very content I've chosen this iteration.

15 Re: CaveStory + (Discussion) on 12/10/2012, 03:56

RoryLee

Level 5
@Chris
I'd still buy this 4 more times, rather than pay 30 dollars for Angry Birds. And Nicalis has rehashed this game alot, but I'm still interested in getting this for the 3DS....even though I have it on the Wii. Suspect

@Sunny
Yeah, I think you got the better version of the game. I'm still happy with my purchase on the Wii, but I'm really curious to see how it looks in 3D.

Mr. Anderson

Bruce Lee

Rodney Dangerfield

16 Re: CaveStory + (Discussion) on 13/10/2012, 01:10

SunDown

Level 5
Just like NLife stated Rory, this game feels right at home on a handheld. And like I've stated before, I prefer to play platformers on a handheld. That type of gaming experience just feels more natural on a portable.

17 Re: CaveStory + (Discussion) on 13/10/2012, 21:42

Demonic

Level 5
.:RoryLee:. wrote:I'm really curious to see how it looks in 3D.

It looks exactly the same but with more layers.

I'm getting fed up with Cave Story, it's been ported to so many platforms now it's quite ridiculous. It's a good game, granted, but I think Nicalis have pushed the boat out a bit too far with this game now... Nicalis need to get making some original games than rehashing the same game every year.

If you must argue, remember that it is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument.

18 Re: CaveStory + (Discussion) on 14/10/2012, 00:21

RoryLee

Level 5
Maybe this is Nicalis motto. "I hate how lazy I am, but I'm too lazy to do anything about it."

They may be rehashing the game, but people like Sunny that missed out on it the first time now have the chance to experience it. It may suck for everyone else that bought it because of all the new features they add everytime they make it for a new system, but that's the way its gonna be so we just have to deal with it.

Mr. Anderson

Bruce Lee

Rodney Dangerfield

19 Re: CaveStory + (Discussion) on 14/10/2012, 00:25

Demonic

Level 5
How dare you use my signature against me! I ban you for... oh wait, wrong thread...

I'm not really annoyed about that, it's just the fact of seeing it around so much that annoys me, you only need one version of one game, you don't need 10+ versions of an old PC game.

20 Re: CaveStory + (Discussion) on 16/10/2012, 21:29

SunDown

Level 5
It seems that I'm actually the only person I know who's playing this. I could always chat with RR529 on Swap Note, but that's just not the same as posting comments on a forum.

21 Re: CaveStory + (Discussion) on 16/10/2012, 22:21

RoryLee

Level 5
I'm sure a few of us at least have one version or the other. So go ahead and chat away. Its ok.....chat.

Mr. Anderson

Bruce Lee

Rodney Dangerfield

22 Re: CaveStory + (Discussion) on 16/10/2012, 22:43

SunDown

Level 5
I'll do just that then Rory. There was a boss in the freeware version I was unable to defeat, and I believe that fight will be approaching soon. If I'm still unable to figure out that boss's weakness and or weak point, I'll most likely need to ask for help. Although, I have no idea where I'll be able to chat about all of the exclusive content. Which will most likely contain the most difficult portions of the game. Crying or Very sad

23 Re: CaveStory + (Discussion) on 17/10/2012, 01:35

RoryLee

Level 5
I don't recall the bosses having actual weak points?? I just shot the bloody hell out of them! Here's a tip, don't stop shooting.

Mr. Anderson

Bruce Lee

Rodney Dangerfield

24 Re: CaveStory + (Discussion) on 17/10/2012, 01:39

NOSOUP4U

Level 3

25 Re: CaveStory + (Discussion) on 17/10/2012, 01:43

RoryLee

Level 5
Yeah, and dont forget to bring a towel.

Mr. Anderson

Bruce Lee

Rodney Dangerfield

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum