Before using the forum, please read the site rules! They're super important, so don't forget to read them!
Fancy a gaming weekend with friends? Then why not join the discussion and nominate a game for everyone to play! It'll be a ton of fun!
For all the latest Nintendo news from around the globe, check out WiiWareWave!
Welcome one and all to Nintygaming Forums! The only website with 100% pure Nintendo love and discussion!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gaming - PC and Console unite! » Gaming » Handheld » 3DS » 3DS eShop » CaveStory + (Discussion)

CaveStory + (Discussion)

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26 Re: CaveStory + (Discussion) on 17/10/2012, 01:49

NOSOUP4U

Level 3
Here's another tip: Don't die. Dying's BAD

edit: Yea listen to Towely. :P ^

Aka: LTGamer

27 Re: CaveStory + (Discussion) on 20/10/2012, 23:00

SunDown

Level 5
Does anyone HERE know how to defeat the big robot boss that continuously rolls back and forth? That damn thing is nearly invincible. Crying or Very sad

Edit: I missed out on Curly's lipstick, because I had no knowledge of it or how to obtain it.

28 Re: CaveStory + (Discussion) on 21/10/2012, 01:44

RoryLee

Level 5
It looks like you just keep dodging him until he opens up and displays the weak areas. It looks like you should be shooting some sort of gears once youre given the chance to.

PS: And don't die. Dying is bad.

"Pro-Wrestling is real....People are fake!"
Mr. Anderson

"A goal is not always meant to be reached, it often serves simply as something to aim at."
Bruce Lee

"My wife and I were happy for 20 years. Then we met."
Rodney Dangerfield

29 Re: CaveStory + (Discussion) on 21/10/2012, 01:53

SunDown

Level 5
Ha! Thanks a lot Rory! It appears I'm just lacking the skill to defeat it not a strategy. I guess a lot of practice will make perfect, though. Rory, do you know about any of the secret items? I guess I could've collected Curly's lipstick, if I had slept in her bed directly after talking with her. How the hell would anybody figure out that shit on their own?!

30 Re: CaveStory + (Discussion) on 21/10/2012, 09:41

Demonic

Level 5
SunDown wrote:How the hell would anybody figure out that shit on their own?!

Lots of experimentation and far too many run through's to number.

I bought Cave Story on the Wii a while ago, at least a year by now, and I never found it all that challenging really, but it's not a game that I would personally want to play over and over again.

I hate how lazy I am, but I'm too lazy to do anything about it.

If you must argue, remember that it is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument.
http://forever-gaming.forumotions.net

31 Re: CaveStory + (Discussion) on 21/10/2012, 17:47

RoryLee

Level 5
@Sunny
It has been so long since I played this game, so I probably wont be too much help for you. I found a youtube video of that boss so I could help you out. I did not know what you were talking about before, but after I saw the video then it all came back to me.

And after seeing that video, I'm really getting the urge to download this title. And I might do it before I have to go out of town since the place I'm staying at has a terrible wi-fi signal.

Mr. Anderson

"A goal is not always meant to be reached, it often serves simply as something to aim at."
Bruce Lee

Rodney Dangerfield

32 Re: CaveStory + (Discussion) on 22/10/2012, 00:05

SunDown

Level 5
That would be really awesome, if you do decide to download this game. There aren't any walkthroughs for this version of CaveStory yet. I'm sure the both of us could eventually figure out all of the exclusive content, and I don't know anybody else to discuss any of that content with. I'm sure you won't be disappointed Rory, since every single review I've read stated this is most definitive version of CaveStory currently available. By the way, will miss you while you're out of town buddy.

33 Re: CaveStory + (Discussion) on 24/10/2012, 00:42

RoryLee

Level 5
@Sunny
I took the plunge. I've been playing a little bit of the game before bedtime, and so far I just defeated the Big Bunny.

Mr. Anderson

Bruce Lee

Rodney Dangerfield

34 Re: CaveStory + (Discussion) on 24/10/2012, 01:17

SunDown

Level 5
Nice! The 3D effects really add a lot of atmosphere, don't you think? I know I'm enjoying this version of CaveStory much more than the freeware version. I finally defeated that robot boss last night. I have the most perfect strategy to defeat it too.

Monster X Strategy:
1) Destroy everyone of the smaller enemies with the maxed out Machine Gun.

2) Dodge Monster X as it rolls back and forth three times and tries to run you over.

3) Switch to the maxed out Blade for the rest of the battle. The maxed out Blade will shield you perfectly from the robot's missle attacks, while at the same time inflicting damage to the robot's weak spot.

35 Re: CaveStory + (Discussion) on 30/10/2012, 01:49

RoryLee

Level 5
How far have you gotten, Sunny? The game seemed really short because I happend to breeze through it while I was out of town. I'm gonna go and do another playthrough and try to get some different weapons. I can post on how to get them if you want me to?

Mr. Anderson

Bruce Lee

Rodney Dangerfield

36 Re: CaveStory + (Discussion) on 30/10/2012, 01:55

SunDown

Level 5
I haven't played since last Rory. I saved my game, right after I acquired that booster .8 upgrade that allows you to hover. I'll probably play some more tonight. Yes, Rory. I would like you to post that information, if you would be as so kind to do so. I'd also like to know how to unlock all of the gameplay modes. If there's any other secrets you know of, I'd appreciate that information as well.

37 Re: CaveStory + (Discussion) on 30/10/2012, 02:45

RoryLee

Level 5
I havent unlocked anything yet, and I'm not really sure how to do it. I'll have to look online and figure out how to do that.

.:SPOILER:.
Bonus weapons
Successfully complete the indicated task to get the corresponding weapon:

Blade: Defeat frenzied Toroko, then talk to the king. He will ask that you avenge him. He will disappear and something will take his place. Press Down to get the weapon.

Bubbler: Get access to the Bushlands. Get jellyfish juice, then go to the meeting room in the Mimiga Village, and put out the fire.

Fireball: You get it in the Bushlands when you talk to Santa after getting his key.

Machine Gun: Defeat Curly in the Sand Zone. She will want to trade the Polar Star for the Machine Gun. Note: Refuse her trade in order to get the Spur later.

Missile Launcher: It is in the treasure chest in the Egg Observation room in Egg Corridor (the second door with the save symbol).

Missile Upgrade: Defeat Balrog in the Boulder Chamber, and a treasure chest with the weapon will appear. Note: If you already have the Missile Launcher, it will be upgraded to fire new missiles.

Nemesis: Kazuma and the Dragon will be on the Balcony. Go down a row to find a gap. Use the Booster to traverse the gap and enter the house. Talk to Mrs. Little, then go to the Graveyard. Talk to the small character in the grass, and he will enter your inventory. Return to Mrs. Little's house. The small character will say "I'm home!". Talk to him in the house, and he will trade the Blade for the Nemesis.

Polar Star: You get it at the start from the hermit gunsmith.

Snake: Go into the Labyrinth Shop, and speak to the owner. He will borrow your Polar Star and Fireball and combine them into the Snake. This weapon's rounds passes through walls. Note: You cannot do this if you have the Machine Gun or Spur.

Spur: Defeat the fish Boss. After appearing in the Reservoir, go to Arthur's house. Professor booster will appear from the teleporter and give you Booster 2.0. Note: Prior to this, do not talk to Booster in the Labyrinth. Use the Booster to reach to the first cave, and talk to the hermit gunsmith. He will upgrade it to the Spur.

Mr. Anderson

Bruce Lee

Rodney Dangerfield

38 Re: CaveStory + (Discussion) on 30/10/2012, 03:06

SunDown

Level 5
Ah... Damn it! I already traded the Polar Star for the Machine Gun, so the only weapons I can acquire now are the Missle upgrade and the Nemesis. I should still be able to complete the game with that arsenal, right Rory?

39 Re: CaveStory + (Discussion) on 1/11/2012, 15:23

RoryLee

Level 5
You should be able to. I'm pretty sure that I did it in the WiiWare version. And I think out of all the guns, I enjoyed using the machine gun the most.

Mr. Anderson

Bruce Lee

Rodney Dangerfield

40 Re: CaveStory + (Discussion) on 6/11/2012, 22:14

SunDown

Level 5
I just reached the Plantation last night. I'm not really sure what direction I should be headed next, but I'll figure that out quickly enough. I love the multi-layered 3D effects in this game.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum