Before using the forum, please read the site rules! They're super important, so don't forget to read them!
Fancy a gaming weekend with friends? Then why not join the discussion and nominate a game for everyone to play! It'll be a ton of fun!
For all the latest Nintendo news from around the globe, check out WiiWareWave!
Welcome one and all to Nintygaming Forums! The only website with 100% pure Nintendo love and discussion!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gaming - PC and Console unite! » Gaming » Handheld » 3DS » 3DS eShop » The Denpa Men: They Came by Wave (Discussion)

The Denpa Men: They Came by Wave (Discussion)

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

SunDown

Level 5
Is anybody else the least bit interested in this strange little RPG? Which will be arriving on the North American eShop next thursday. Currently, I don't have much info, but I'll try to update this post as soon as possible. Oh, yeah! A demo is now available for download in the eShop.

Edit: Ah, well. There's a link to the official website below.

http://www.denpamen.com

RoryLee

Level 5
If its good I'll be looking forward to it. I'll have to try the demo out first before I start ragging on this, . I watched the video at NL and it seemed alright once it got to the action. Hopefully this is one of those titles that slipped under the radar and turns out to be good.

"Pro-Wrestling is real....People are fake!"
Mr. Anderson

"A goal is not always meant to be reached, it often serves simply as something to aim at."
Bruce Lee

"My wife and I were happy for 20 years. Then we met."
Rodney Dangerfield

SunDown

Level 5
I hope it's at least awarded better scores than what that damn Planet Crashers RPG received.

SunDown

Level 5
I was just informed that this RPG will be priced at $9.99 USD + tax where applicable, and I guess there's already a sequel available in Japan. Which supposedly features the ability to transfer over your previous file into the new game.

NOSOUP4U

Level 3
I tried the demo and it was cool at first, but I was getting tired of beating characters and having more pop right up. I like how the dempo men act when you catch them. Will have to play more to see I guess. I was glad that this was a 3d rpg. I like that it saves on the demo. Though, if it plays too long, It'll suck to go back do it all over.

Aka: LTGamer

SunDown

Level 5
NOSOUP4U, just save your file if you ever plan to actually download Denpa Men, and you don't want to play through the beginning again. The game will allow you to transfer your progress from the demo over into the full version of the game.

NOSOUP4U

Level 3
Wow. That's cool. I must have missed that information somehow.

SunDown

Level 5
NOSOUP4U wrote:I was glad that this was a 3d rpg.
Everything is better in 3D my friend!

NOSOUP4U

Level 3
Yea I'll have to go ack and play this more I did end up saving, so hoefully that'll work right

SunDown

Level 5
I downloaded the demo last night, but it was just too late to get into it. I'll probably check it out sometime tonight, and I'll let you guys know what I thought of it.

RoryLee

Level 5
I downloaded this, but I havent yet tried it yet. I talked to Chris(Tech) yesterday, and he said he loved the game/demo. So I'm pretty sure it will be an instant download for him. And I'm actually looking forward to it. We could use a good RPG for the 3DS.

Mr. Anderson

"A goal is not always meant to be reached, it often serves simply as something to aim at."
Bruce Lee

Rodney Dangerfield

SunDown

Level 5
[01]RoryLee wrote:We could use a good RPG for the 3DS.
Yes Rory, yes we definitely could! So how did that The Sword of Hope II (Gameboy VC) RPG turn out to be Rory?

Edit: I tried out the demo earlier and thought it was alright, but it doesn't seem like something I'm going to rush and purchase. I'm glad Tech is really enjoying it, though. That dungeon in the demo felt generic in design, and I wasn't really enjoying the battles as much as I think I should've. I might consider downloading it someday, if it's awarded decent review score's. There also seems to be an issue of content, because the dungeon in the demo was just way too short.

RoryLee

Level 5
From what I've played from the demo, I thought the game was really enjoyable. The only thing i didnt care about was actually catching the Denpa guys. This game dies remind me of the SNES RPGs, do thats a plus for me. One thing that I don't like in RPGs is when you don't play as a main character, but you just play as random characters that you name. Dragon Quest was like that and it just doesn't seem to fit the story.

SoH2 is a fun game. I still have yet to best it. I quit for awhile because I was struggling with the enemies. I heard people say the game is pretty easy, so maybe I just took a wrong turn somewhere.

Mr. Anderson

Bruce Lee

Rodney Dangerfield

NOSOUP4U

Level 3
I didn't mind doing the capturing myself (and some of those little bastards could move.)

RoryLee

Level 5
Lol. Yeah, some of those little bastards were being pretty tricky. And I also like how they all gang up on a monster and just beat the crappy out of em' Laughing . This game is like a Pikmin RPG, like capturing these things to do your dirty work. Im definitely thinking about getting this when it comes out this Thursday.

Mr. Anderson

Bruce Lee

Rodney Dangerfield

NOSOUP4U

Level 3
LOL! Oh Yea! I forgot about that! I liked that too. That was cool.

RoryLee

Level 5
NL gave this game a 9 out of 10. Now I'm even more excited to play this! They said it will take around 15 hours to complete the main quest, so 9.99 doesn't seem like a bad price.

Is anyone gonna give this game a shot?

Mr. Anderson

Bruce Lee

Rodney Dangerfield

NOSOUP4U

Level 3
I'll most likely download it eventually. I'm not sure when. Right now I'm working on SOH2.

RoryLee

Level 5
I played quite a bit of this last night. Definitely a fun game, and it actually looks like a decent retail game. It plays just like the demo, so if you didn't like the demo I'm sure you wouldnt care for the full game.

Mr. Anderson

Bruce Lee

Rodney Dangerfield

NOSOUP4U

Level 3
Good to hear. I found out last night that I had saved JUST before the end of the demo btw. :P

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum