Before using the forum, please read the site rules! They're super important, so don't forget to read them!
Fancy a gaming weekend with friends? Then why not join the discussion and nominate a game for everyone to play! It'll be a ton of fun!
For all the latest Nintendo news from around the globe, check out WiiWareWave!
Welcome one and all to Nintygaming Forums! The only website with 100% pure Nintendo love and discussion!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gaming - PC and Console unite! » Gaming » Handheld » 3DS » 3DS eShop » Liberation Maiden

Liberation Maiden

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Liberation Maiden on 6/10/2012, 22:35

Demonic

Level 5
EU Release: 4/10/12
NA Release: ???

Description:
Liberation Maiden is a shooter game in which an invading country is stealing all of Japan's energy. You take control of Shoko, a high school girl who becomes President of Japan after her father's assassination, who enters into her mech "Kaihoki" to fight against Japan's energy stealing enemies. Liberation Maiden was designed by Goichi Suda, or SUDA51 as he's usually referred to and is apart of the Guild01 series.

Video:

I've played the game a little bit so far and it's an all right game, there's 5 levels overall in which you have to get the highest score possible. After each mission you complete in Story Mode you can replay it again in Score Attack mode along with unlocking bonus content in the Gallery.

There's not much to say about the game other than you blow up some stuff and it's really rather fun albeit quite short... but it seems there could be a sequel as the end of the last mission seems to give the impression that a sequel could happen, if not maybe some DLC down the road.

I hate how lazy I am, but I'm too lazy to do anything about it.

If you must argue, remember that it is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument.
http://forever-gaming.forumotions.net

2 Re: Liberation Maiden on 6/10/2012, 23:03

RoryLee

Level 5
If it comes to America, I'll probably get it because of Suda 51. I checked out the gameplay video and I couldn't really tell what the hell was going on, but I'm sure it'll be alright.

@Chris
Did you end up buying it or was was there a demo for it?

"Pro-Wrestling is real....People are fake!"
Mr. Anderson

"A goal is not always meant to be reached, it often serves simply as something to aim at."
Bruce Lee

"My wife and I were happy for 20 years. Then we met."
Rodney Dangerfield

3 Re: Liberation Maiden on 6/10/2012, 23:07

Demonic

Level 5
I bought it, only £7.19 so it wasn't too expensive but I do feel slightly ripped off... but it's a good game, I guess it depends on the person how much they get out of it I suppose, but I need to play it some more really.

If you must argue, remember that it is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument.

4 Re: Liberation Maiden on 26/10/2012, 16:33

NOSOUP4U

Level 3
I'm thinking of getting this. How do you feel about it now chris?

@Rory: Did you ever get this?

Aka: LTGamer

5 Re: Liberation Maiden on 26/10/2012, 21:02

RoryLee

Level 5
@Soup
Of course. Once I saw Suda 51 in the title, it was an instant download for me. I only played the first level so I haven't played too much of it. But everything seems pretty solid so far.

Mr. Anderson

"A goal is not always meant to be reached, it often serves simply as something to aim at."
Bruce Lee

Rodney Dangerfield

6 Re: Liberation Maiden on 26/10/2012, 21:51

Demonic

Level 5
It's an all right game but I find it lacking on the content side, in my opinion. As Rory said, it's a very solid game with no problems and its fun to play, controls remind me of Kid Icarus in a way, but it's over quite quickly which is a shame. :/

However the ending does invite the possibility of a sequel? But I'm not sure... I liked what I played, but I think there could have been more meat to the package.

7 Re: Liberation Maiden on 28/10/2012, 02:29

SunDown

Level 5
The gameplay seems enjoyable, if not, just senseless fun. Although, the achievement system just seems to be a cheap way to inject replay value into the game. For as short as this game is, it requires a lot of blocks of memory. I only have the 2GB SD card that came with my 3DS, so I don't have the freedom to just carelessly download every game that sparks my interest's. I also don't have access to the necessary funds to do so either. I was successful in a posting contest at WiiWareWave, and I'm supposed to receive a 4GB SD card in the mail. It still hasn't arrived, so I'm beginning to worry a little bit. :(

8 Re: Liberation Maiden on 28/10/2012, 02:48

NOSOUP4U

Level 3
Still haven't downloaded this, though I've been thinking about it. Also been thinking about Night Sky.

Aka: LTGamer

9 Re: Liberation Maiden on 28/10/2012, 10:42

Demonic

Level 5
SunDown wrote:The gameplay seems enjoyable, if not, just senseless fun. Although, the achievement system just seems to be a cheap way to inject replay value into the game. For as short as this game is, it requires a lot of blocks of memory. I only have the 2GB SD card that came with my 3DS, so I don't have the freedom to just carelessly download every game that sparks my interest's. I also don't have access to the necessary funds to do so either. I was successful in a posting contest at WiiWareWave, and I'm supposed to receive a 4GB SD card in the mail. It still hasn't arrived, so I'm beginning to worry a little bit. :(

Count yourself lucky you don't have to buy Vita's own memory cards which rack up quite a lot of money... seriously, £70 for a 32GB memory card... sheesh. You can usually find 32GB SD Cards on Amazon for a pretty good price, just keep your eyes open and shop around.

Just found a 32GB for £13 on Amazon, if you want me to get you one I have no problems with that... SD Cards are cheap as shit over here.

10 Re: Liberation Maiden on 28/10/2012, 13:17

RoryLee

Level 5
@Sunny
You could always download and redownload your titles. It might be a pain in the ass, but at least you'll be able to enjoy the games.

Mr. Anderson

Bruce Lee

Rodney Dangerfield

11 Re: Liberation Maiden on 28/10/2012, 20:47

SunDown

Level 5
Damn! A 32 GB for £13! What would that translate to in U.S. currency Chris. Like $20?

12 Re: Liberation Maiden on 28/10/2012, 22:26

Demonic

Level 5
@Sun Yeah, $20. Loads of cheap stuff in UK. Shame the weather is absolute shit.

13 Re: Liberation Maiden on 28/10/2012, 22:34

SunDown

Level 5
Yeah, but you shouldn't feel so bad Chris, because the weather here in Ohio has been horrible lately. Nothing but grey skies and rain. Very depressing.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum