Before using the forum, please read the site rules! They're super important, so don't forget to read them!
Fancy a gaming weekend with friends? Then why not join the discussion and nominate a game for everyone to play! It'll be a ton of fun!
For all the latest Nintendo news from around the globe, check out WiiWareWave!
Welcome one and all to Nintygaming Forums! The only website with 100% pure Nintendo love and discussion!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gaming - PC and Console unite! » Gaming » Handheld » 3DS » 3DS eShop » NightSky (Discussion)

NightSky (Discussion)

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 NightSky (Discussion) on 16/10/2012, 21:57

SunDown

Level 5
Is anybody else as interested as I've been lately? If not, there's a link to the official website below.

http://www.nicalis.com/nightsky

2 Re: NightSky (Discussion) on 17/10/2012, 01:29

RoryLee

Level 5
The game looks pretty cool. I'm not jumping out of my seat excited, but I always look forward to something new and unique. If anything, I will probably wait for a review on this.

"Pro-Wrestling is real....People are fake!"
Mr. Anderson

"A goal is not always meant to be reached, it often serves simply as something to aim at."
Bruce Lee

"My wife and I were happy for 20 years. Then we met."
Rodney Dangerfield

3 Re: NightSky (Discussion) on 17/10/2012, 02:10

NOSOUP4U

Level 3
It might be interesting. I saw some pics. I'll have to read up on it though. If it's halfway decent, I might be interested.

Aka: LTGamer

4 Re: NightSky (Discussion) on 17/10/2012, 02:17

RoryLee

Level 5
The game looks like a combination of Fluidity and World of Goo. It looks like it plays and controls like Fluidity, and the art syle has that World of Goo feel to it.

Mr. Anderson

"A goal is not always meant to be reached, it often serves simply as something to aim at."
Bruce Lee

Rodney Dangerfield

5 Re: NightSky (Discussion) on 18/10/2012, 00:17

SunDown

Level 5
I wonder how many renditions of this game Nicalis will develop. Lol!

6 Re: NightSky (Discussion) on 21/10/2012, 17:42

RoryLee

Level 5
Nintendo Life gave this game a 10/10!

It looks like this Thursday just got a whole lot better. This is an instant download for me now. And I also heard that Liberation and Castlevania are gonna make there way to the eShop this Thursday.

Mr. Anderson

Bruce Lee

Rodney Dangerfield

7 Re: NightSky (Discussion) on 22/10/2012, 00:18

SunDown

Level 5
For some really odd reason, the eShop version has almost three times the file size as the PC version does. I know damn well the 3D effects don't require that much memory. I mean, just compare the file size of the WiiWare version of CaveStory to the eShop version, and the eShop version even has more content.

8 Re: NightSky (Discussion) on 24/10/2012, 00:54

RoryLee

Level 5
What exactly is the file size? I'm not too worried about it...my 32gb should take care of it for me.

Mr. Anderson

Bruce Lee

Rodney Dangerfield

9 Re: NightSky (Discussion) on 24/10/2012, 01:12

SunDown

Level 5
Information collected from NLife forums:

PC version is 68 MB = approximately 544 blocks

eShop version = 1,462 blocks

10 Re: NightSky (Discussion) on 6/11/2012, 23:15

SunDown

Level 5
I'm thinking of downloading either this or Liberation Maiden. Which game would you guys probably choose?

11 Re: NightSky (Discussion) on 6/11/2012, 23:18

Demonic

Level 5
I would say NightSky, Liberation Maiden is far too short in my opinion, but then again... it is pure quality all the way through, but since you said you didn't like KI:U's stylus controls which is what LM works on then maybe NightSky is better off for you.

I hate how lazy I am, but I'm too lazy to do anything about it.

If you must argue, remember that it is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument.
http://forever-gaming.forumotions.net

12 Re: NightSky (Discussion) on 6/11/2012, 23:21

SunDown

Level 5
Alright then. Thanks Chris.

13 Re: NightSky (Discussion) on 6/11/2012, 23:21

RoryLee

Level 5
I actually like Liberation Maiden over Nightsky. Nightsky looks great, and has a nice cool atmosphere. But it is lacking in content and difficulty. But if I were you, I would put your money towards something else, or just save up for Retro City Rampage.

Mr. Anderson

Bruce Lee

Rodney Dangerfield

14 Re: NightSky (Discussion) on 6/11/2012, 23:26

SunDown

Level 5
Yeah, I probably should add the $10 to my WiiShop account. Although, I'm not sure when I'll be able to afford another 1,000 Wii points for RCR, and the reviews for RCR haven't been very good, so far.

15 Re: NightSky (Discussion) on 6/11/2012, 23:27

RoryLee

Level 5
Put that money towards Resident Evil:R. I'm sure you could find it very cheap now.

Mr. Anderson

Bruce Lee

Rodney Dangerfield

16 Re: NightSky (Discussion) on 6/11/2012, 23:31

SunDown

Level 5
Yeah, I probably should just add the $10 to my WiiShop account. Although, I'm not sure when I'll be able to afford another 1,000 Wii points for RCR, and the reviews for RCR haven't been very goodt either, so far.

17 Re: NightSky (Discussion) on 17/3/2013, 15:05

RoryLee

Level 5
@Sunny
So what did you think of Nightsky? I heard a little complaint about NL reviews on a different forum, so I'm just curious on what your thought are.

Mr. Anderson

Bruce Lee

Rodney Dangerfield

18 Re: NightSky (Discussion) on 17/3/2013, 20:51

SunDown

Level 5
Rory, I think it's a good game, but I don't think it deserves a 10 out of 10 like NLife awarded it. It's more like a 7.5 or 8 out of 10, in my opinion. I'm actually stuck on a puzzle right now, but I can't remember the location. I'll have to check and then let you know which one. I've tried just about everything to reach this one ledge, but nothing has worked. I'm sure it has a very simple solution, but my mind usually functions in a pretty complicated manner.

19 Re: NightSky (Discussion) on 18/3/2013, 12:44

RoryLee

Level 5
I'd give it around the same score that you did. There was way too much hype for this game and it did not deliver for me. Pretty much beat it once and never did go back and play any.

Mr. Anderson

Bruce Lee

Rodney Dangerfield

20 Re: NightSky (Discussion) on 18/3/2013, 16:44

I'm a SciFi fan and this title reminds me of a good movie called NightSkies (I'm sorry, I won't be able to share that youtube link with you for another 6 days or so).

21 Re: NightSky (Discussion) on 19/3/2013, 19:43

SunDown

Level 5
Occasionally this game has some really floaty physics... :(

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum